MADISON, Wis., Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Hundreds of students and teachers from across Wisconsin will gather for a special event tomorrow in Madison to commemorate National School Choice Week 2015, the nation's largest-ever celebration of opportunity in education.
- More than 300 students and parents from across Wisconsin will gather at the First Floor Rotunda of the Wisconsin Capitol to celebrate Wisconsin's school choices and to advocate for more and better options statewide. The participants represent a diverse cross section of education offerings in Wisconsin – from traditional public schools to public charter schools, magnet schools, private schools, online learning, and homeschooling.
- Hundreds of school choice supporters
- School Choice Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Coalition for Public Charter Schools
- MacIver Institute
- Alliance for School Choice
- Hispanics for School Choice
- Thursday, January 29 at 12:00pm
- First Floor Rotunda of the Wisconsin Capitol, 2 East Main Street, Madison, WI 53703
- Mult box will be provided.
Held every January, National School Choice Week is an independent public awareness effort shining a positive spotlight on effective education options for children, including traditional public schools, public magnet schools, public charter schools, online academies, private schools, and homeschooling, National School Choice Week 2015 will feature 11,082 independently-planned special events across all 50 states.
This news advisory was distributed by National School Choice Week on behalf of the independent event organizer listed in the release. For any questions related to this event or this news advisory, please use the contact the person listed above. For general information about National School Choice Week, or to schedule an interview with a National School Choice Week spokesperson, please visit www.schoolchoiceweek.com/press
For more information, contact:
Jim Bender, School Choice Wisconsin
[email protected] or 414-319-9160
SOURCE National School Choice Week