Absolunet analyzed over 60 eCommerce initiatives from brands and retailers to predict the 10 trends that will have the greatest impact in 2018.
MONTREAL, Dec. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ - Absolunet reveals the top 10 trends that will impact North American retailers in 2018. The impact will be felt across the entire supply chain: by manufacturers, distributors, retailers and consumers alike.
Of the over 60 digital and eCommerce projects analyzed, examples come from major brands and retailers, including Absolunet clients Kanuk, Primeau Vélo, and Stokes.
The top 10 eCommerce Trends for 2018 are:
- THE REBIRTH OF BRICK AND MORTAR A new breed of retail stores and in-person experiences will begin to replace outgoing retailers.
- THE CONSUMERIZATION OF B2B The perfect storm is about to hit the nearly 1 trillion $ B2B eCommerce sector.
- AR IN YOUR HOUSEAugmented Reality will go from "novelty" to a sales driver.
- "ROPO": THE NEW MEASURE OF A RETAILER'S DIGITAL SUCCESSRetailers will be able to know which clicks led to in-store sales.
- MOBILE CHECKOUT OVERTAKES DESKTOP CHECKOUTMobile commerce's biggest challenge - checkout - will become its greatest asset.
- A.I. WILL CREATE THE PERFECT CUSTOMER EXPERIENCEShopping will be customized and optimized for every consumer.
- AMAZON & THE YEAR OF MARKETPLACE MATURITYAmazon will be a ubiquitous element in every eCommerce Business Plan in 2018.
- VOICE WILL CHANGE GOOGLE/SEO/ECOMMERCE FOREVERIn 2018, consumers will speak to their devices and use voice to make purchases like never before.
- PHOTO SHOPPINGImage-based product searches will be big in 2018, essentially altering the very nature of "search".
- REACHING PEAK BROWSERThe browser will no longer be the de facto means by which we purchase products or services digitally.
"The technologies themselves already exist, we expect the adoption and proliferation of these technologies to grow substantially this year, changing the very nature of how companies do business." says Charles Desjardins, Absolunet Senior Vice President. "We hope that the top ten eCommerce Trends for 2018 report helps retailers, manufacturers and distributors gain valuable insight and helps them choose the right strategies and partners to bridge the ecommerce gap."
To understand the 10 trends, their potential impacts and to find out which companies have successfully implemented which digital solutions, visit www.10eCommerceTrends.com.
About Absolunet (http://www.absolunet.com)
Absolunet is an eCommerce agency and integrator with 180 people obsessed with delivering results, creating ROI-producing (and award-winning) eCommerce experiences since 1999.
Absolunet is a certified Magento Enterprise Partner, a Sitecore "Gold" partner, an InSite Platinum partner and an inRiver Platinum partner. Absolunet has delivered high-grossing solutions for clients in multiple sectors, including sporting goods, food & beverage, HVAC, jewelry, furniture, fashion, apparel, housewares, photography, utilities, QSR, television networks, state lotteries, lingerie and more from its Montreal, Kansas City and Boisbriand offices.
SOURCE Absolunet inc.