MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jan. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Seven of Australia's leading innovators will compete for venture dollars and the opportunity to break into the American market at Microsoft's Mountain View, Calif. campus tomorrow. Australia's annual Innovation Shoot Out is part of the two-week G'Day USA: Australia Week 2010.
Australia is well known for its innovations across numerous tech sectors, but funding to globally commercialize is hard to come by at home. Each year, Australia sends its top entrepreneurs to the U.S. to showcase their latest developments with the promise of securing American dollars to bring their products to the global marketplace.
Members of the media wishing to attend the Innovation Shoot Out should contact Michelle Craig of Nyhus Communications at 206-931-4840 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Media can also get real-time updates from the event by following @AUS_Innovation and #ISO_2010 on Twitter.
Wednesday, Jan. 20
8 a.m. – Noon
1065 La Avenida
Mountain View, CA 94043
Mark Anderson, CEO of Strategic News Service, and Dan'l Lewin, Corporate Vice President, Strategic and Emerging Business Development at Microsoft, are among prominent industry leaders taking part in the event. Others include:
- Deborah Magid, Director, Software Strategy, IBM Venture Capital Group;
- Allison Leopold Tilley, Partner, Pillsbury;
- Chris Shipley, Chairman & CEO of Guidewire Group and former Executive Producer of the DEMO Conference; and
- Prashant Shah, Managing Director, Hummer Winblad
The participants are:
- DigiSensory (http://digisensory.com/), provider of an end-to-end security and surveillance solution that combines smart imaging devices with a Web-based, real-time distributed intelligence system
- IntelliGuard (http://www.intelliguardit.net/), a provider of DDoS protection for online enterprises and Internet service providers
- Mid-Comp International (http://www.midcomp.com.au/), a supply chain management infrastructure provider
- MultiTrode (http://www.multitrode.com/), a specialist in lift station control and monitoring for water and wastewater facilities around the world
- Solar-Gem (http://www.solar-gem.asia/solargem/), a creator of affordable off-grid energy based on clean solar technologies
- Synengco (http://www.synengco.com/), a provider of technology that helps companies assess and reduce their greenhouse gas and other emissions
- Zarloc (http://www.rosterwithross.com), provider of The ROSS System, a Web-based rostering and workforce management solution for the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) franchises
For more information about G'Day USA: Australia Week 2010, please visit http://www.australia-week.com
SOURCE Australian Innovation Shoot Out