AVALON, N.J., April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A new web article by Top Degrees Online ranks 25 bachelor's degree programs with extremely high numbers of students receiving grants or scholarships. "Top 25 Online Bachelor's Degrees With the Highest Percentage of Students Receiving Institutional Financial Aid" is intended as a handy resource for cash-strapped college students. The piece makes a valuable addition to the Top Degrees Online website, which is a comprehensive learning portal for the advancement of online education.
The 25 colleges and universities featured in the article represent fully-accredited, U.S.-based, online bachelor's degree programs with solid histories of financial aid generosity. Each school was hand-selected from a list of 100 top online institutions as ranked by U.S. News and World Report. The schools were then winnowed to the 25 institutions with the highest rates of students receiving financial aid. The outcome is a concise ranking of eminent online bachelor's programs, with percentages ranging from 94 to 100 percent of students receiving institutional financial aid.
"Getting a high quality education, and getting institutional financial assistance with it, can be a tremendous advantage," said editor Brian Matthews. "And the online format presents further cost and time savings for students."
According to recent figures released by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE), more than one in five post-secondary students is enrolled in online college. The USDE and U.S. Department of Labor stand firmly behind the option of distance learning for career advancement. Grants and scholarships for online schools allow far greater numbers of people to afford higher education. It is with these ideals in mind that Top Degrees Online launches its new rankings for bachelor's degree programs with high rates of financial aid.
"Top 25 Online Bachelor's Degrees With the Highest Percentage of Students Receiving Institutional Financial Aid" is available now for free download at this web link: http://www.topdegreesonline.org/best/online-bachelors-degrees-with-the-highest-percentage-of-students-receiving-institutional-financial-aid
Following is the complete list as featured on Top Degrees Online:
1. Palm Beach Atlantic University: West Palm Beach, Florida
2. Norwich University: Northfield, Vermont
3. Concordia University-St. Paul: St. Paul, Minnesota
4. Graceland University-Lamoni: Lamoni, Iowa
5. Concordia University Chicago: River Forest, Illinois
6. McKendree University: Lebanon, Illinois
7. Charleston Southern University: North Charleston, South Carolina
8. University of St. Francis: Fort Wayne, Indiana
9. Malone University: Canton, Ohio
10. Duquesne University: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
11. Pace University: New York, New York
12. St. John's University-New York: Queens, New York
13. University of Bridgeport: Bridgeport, Connecticut
14. Loyola University New Orleans: New Orleans, Louisiana
15. Wheeling Jesuit University: Wheeling, West Virginia
16. Holy Apostles College and Seminary: Cromwell, Connecticut
17. Regis University: Denver, Colorado
18. Huntington University: Huntington, Indiana
19. Linfield College: McMinnville, Oregon
20. University of La Verne: La Verne, California
21. Savannah College of Art and Design: Savannah, Georgia
22. St. Joseph's University: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
23. John Brown University: Siloam Springs, Arkansas
24. Loyola University Chicago: Chicago, Illinois
25. DePaul University: Chicago, Illinois
About:Top Degrees Online is a free portal to the most highly-rated online colleges and universities in the nation. Compare editors' rankings to find top online degree programs, low tuition rates, cheap degrees, scholarships, grants and financial aid.
Read more news from Top Degrees Online.
SOURCE Top Degrees Online