CHICAGO, Aug. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- In today's fast-paced society, people don't like to wait, and this includes students of all ages. After all, the sooner a degree is earned, the quicker they are able to start their career or obtain a promotion. It is no surprise why accelerated courses and degree programs have become extremely popular. It is the same amount of work in a shorter time period, but the benefits make it well worth the extra effort. Many programs even have more starting dates than traditional courses which make it a lot easier for students to jump right into learning.
Beth Sloan, a research editor at OnlineCollegePlan.com has researched and checked out how students would be able to quickly obtain a degree and from which high-quality colleges. "Top 35 Fastest Online College Programs" (http://www.onlinecollegeplan.com/fastest-online-programs/) is designed to help students locate which online program might best suit their needs and get them quickly on their way to graduation.
Illinois, particularly the Chicago area, is represented by Lewis University (10), Elmhurst College (12), American Intercontinental University (21), and Concordia University — Chicago (24).
There are three institutions in Colorado which are Regis University (14), Colorado State University — Global Campus (19), and Colorado Technical University (32).
The state of Arizona has two institutions in the ranking: Arizona State University (2) and Grand Canyon University (15).
Also bringing two institutions to the ranking is California with California Baptist University (8) and Azusa Pacific University (18).
Wisconsin is represented by University of Wisconsin (3) and Wisconsin Lutheran College (9).
Two schools from Indiana placed in the ranking, which are Indiana Wesleyan University (6) and University of Indianapolis (13).
Institutions from Missouri in the ranking are Saint Louis University (4) and Park University (20).
Other states with two institutions in the ranking are Connecticut, Minnesota, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Full methodology is explained prior to the ranking.
The full list of institutions in the ranking is as follows in descending order:
35. Notre Dame College - Cleveland Ohio
34. Rasmussen College - St. Cloud, Minnesota
33. Mercy College - Dobbs Ferry, New York
32. Colorado Technical University - Colorado Springs, Colorado
31. Western Governors University - Salt Lake City, Utah
30. Limestone College - Gaffney, South Carolina
29. Florida State College at Jacksonville - Jacksonville, Florida
28. Lamar University - Beaumont, Texas
27. Charter Oak State College - New Britain, Connecticut
26. Immaculata University - Immaculata, Pennsylvania
25. Southern New Hampshire University - Manchester, New Hampshire
24. Concordia University — Chicago - River Forest, Illinois
23. Albertus Magnus College - New Haven, Connecticut
22. Capella University - Minneapolis, Minnesota
21. American Intercontinental University - Schaumburg, Illinois
20. Park University - Parkville, Missouri
19. Colorado State University — Global Campus - Greenwood Village, Colorado
18. Arkansas Tech University - Russellville, Arkansas
17. Azusa Pacific University - Azusa, California
16. Philadelphia University - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
15. Grand Canyon University - Phoenix, Arizona
14. Regis University - Denver, Colorado
13. University of Indianapolis - Indianapolis, Indiana
12. Elmhurst College - Elmhurst, Illinois
11. Eastern Kentucky University - Richmond, Kentucky
10. Lewis University - Romeoville, Illinois
9. Wisconsin Lutheran College - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
8. California Baptist University - Riverside, California
7. Walsh University - North Canton, Ohio
6. Indiana Wesleyan University - Marion, Indiana
5. Liberty University - Lynchburg, Virginia
4. Saint Louis University - St. Louis, Missouri
3. University of Wisconsin - Madison, Wisconsin
2. Arizona State University - Tempe, Arizona
1. Northeastern University - Boston, Massachusetts