NEW YORK, May 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- TouchTunes, the largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, today announced its next-generation mobile app is now available for download for both iOS and Android devices. The enhanced app gives users an intuitive, music-first design, personalized experience and improved usability to better control TouchTunes' jukeboxes in 65,000 bars, restaurants and other social hotspots across North America.
"We're thrilled to release an all new, upgraded app that places music at the forefront and allows users to take control of their music experience while out at their favorite bar or restaurant," said Charles Goldstuck, Chairman and CEO of TouchTunes. "We're confident users will embrace the app's advanced features, such as the ability to more easily check in to locations, discover new music and import playlists from Spotify and personal music libraries."
The redesigned TouchTunes app hosts several new features, including:
- A Music-First Design: Highlights contextually relevant songs and artists throughout the user experience.
- Improved App Navigation: Improves the overall user experience and makes music discovery easier than ever.
- Advanced Personalization: Combines a user's play preferences with the venue's vibe to help discover the music they have in common.
- Improved Intelligence: Gets smarter the more it's used, surfacing related songs, artists and genres played the most.
- Smart Check-In: Automatically checks users in to locations visited frequently.
- Playlists Made Easy: Lets users import playlists from Spotify or iTunes and build a "Favorites" playlist by liking songs and artists throughout the app experience.
- Venue Staff Messaging: Allows staff to program custom messages to appear within the app when a user checks in to their venue.
- Spanish Support: Gives users the option to change app language to Spanish.
- Customer Service: Provides improved in-app support.
TouchTunes is the largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, featured in over 65,000 bars and restaurants across North America and 75,000 globally. TouchTunes' platform provides location-based digital solutions that encourage social interactions through shared experiences. Music is at the core of TouchTunes' experience with millions of songs played daily across the network and a mobile app that lets users find nearby jukebox locations, create playlists, and control the music in-venue directly from their phone. The mobile app is available on the iOS and Android platforms and has been downloaded over 4.8 million times. TouchTunes' award-winning products and services also include an integrated photo booth, the first fully licensed commercial karaoke system and an interactive TV messaging and engagement solution. TouchTunes Media is a highly scalable digital out-of-home activation platform that provides targeted advertising and promotional opportunities for consumer brands. TouchTunes is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Montreal and London. For more information visit www.touchtunes.com, or visit our Facebook and Twitter social channels.