GREENDALE, Wis., April 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Taste of Home's Slice of California tour is a 5-day, food-inspired journey that explores the local flavors of the northern Santa Clara Valley and gorgeous Monterey Peninsula, September 18-22 or September 25-29. A staff member from Taste of Home, the world's largest cooking magazine, will accompany the entire trip.
Go behind-the-scenes of local farms to discover how growers bring out the best in artichokes, apricots, garlic, tomatoes and wine making. Meet celebrity chefs of the region, as Gene Sakahara, Sam Bozzo and Dorothy McNett offer private cooking demonstrations and serve their favorite dishes. Tour participants will also savor delicious, made-from-scratch recipes from Taste of Home every day.
Other highlights include:
- Cannery Row, for a stroll along the coastal Recreation Trail and browsing oceanfront shops.
- Ocean Mist Farms, the Artichoke Center of the World and home to the country's largest artichoke growers and taste-tempting samples.
- A 100-acre apricot farm where world-renowned Blenheim Apricots are harvested and dried.
- Apple orchards and berry patches, for a taste of infamous Ollalieberry pie.
- Gilroy, home to the Garlic Festival and Garlic World. Tempt your taste buds with garlic-flavored olives, dips, sauces, jellies and more.
- San Juan Bautista, to explore California's Spanish roots and adobe-style houses and missions.
- Capitola, an intimate village with breathtaking views and eclectic boutiques, galleries and eateries.
- Fortino Winery, to sip wine among ancient oaks and redwoods, and learn how a fifth-generation wine maker carries on his family's tradition of Italian-style wine making.
Taste of Home's Slice of California tour offers the best in this region's local cuisine and a rare look at how some of California's most delicious exports are meticulously grown and harvested. From spectacular scenery to mouthwatering meals, this vacation pleases the senses. For more information about Taste of Home's Slice of California tour and other tours, visit www.countrytours.com or call 1-800-344-6918.
About World Wide Country Tours
Founded 39 years ago, WWCT provides a combination of experience, worldwide coverage, financial strength and integrity. Our expert Tour Planners create each vacation "from scratch," personally planning every detail of each trip, including local-only, favorite spots arranged exclusively for our customers. Tours include trips and cruises within the United States and abroad.
Contact: Steve Uelner
SOURCE World Wide Country Tours