ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing to increase the usability of its website for agents, tour operators and suppliers, Tourico Holidays has unveiled its booking system with enhanced hotel and flight features, more user-friendly navigation and booking options, and better cross-selling opportunities.
"To help our business-to-business partners bring improved travel options to their own clients, we constantly update the booking systems and features on our web properties," said Amir Kalmar, VP of Global Sales and CMO. "The update is one of our most important yet, allowing agents, tour operators and other travel companies to more quickly and easily select, review and purchase from Travel Holdings' thousands of travel products."
Among the updates, Tourico Holidays will now give travel service providers recommendations and suggestions on how to make the travel experience even better. When choosing a hotel, five activities and five car rental choices will be displayed with the hotel based off a user's hotel choice.
Additionally, more information is presented up front and more clearly, allowing travel services providers to help make the correct travel decisions for clients every time. For instance:
- For quick reference, important hotel amenities appear as icons within hotels search results (for example, restaurants, fitness facility, etc.).
- Users can compare up to five hotels in a pop- up window without leaving the search results page.
- Within the hotel search results page, a map image showing the hotel's location is prominently displayed, and a list of available hotel brands is listed.
- User reviews are now available, allowing clients to view the opinions of guests or add their own feedback.
- For better resolution, accuracy and coverage– especially enhancing Far East searches– Google Maps has been added as a provider.
For cruises, the enhancements make it easier than ever to take advantage of every available discount, while allowing additional on-board options to be booked in advance. For instance:
- Discount opportunities are shown in the search box for qualified passengers (past passenger, interline, military).
- Promotions from the cruise lines will be prominently displayed (if available), in addition to more rate and room types on the search results page.
- There is a new "Dining Options" section in the traveler information page to pre-book "Early/Mid/Late" dining times.
- Enhanced page displays allow users to see a diagram of the ship and location of the cabin.
- Agents who handle multiple source markets can select markets in the search box.
Other upgrades make finding deals and making payments even easier. For instance:
- Tourico Holidays has added 34 airlines to the "Low Fare" selections tab for users to find even lower rates from low-cost carriers.
- PayPal was added as additional payment method option. The user is given the choice in the traveler information page to checkout with PayPal or to continue the checkout in the regular flow and provide credit card for the payment.
Travel service providers interested in learning more about Tourico Holidays and its new upgrades are encouraged to contact the company at firstname.lastname@example.org. Current clients may contact their Tourico Holidays representative to start integrating these upgrades immediately.
About Tourico Holidays
Tourico Holidays (www.TouricoHolidays.com) is a subsidiary of Travel Holdings, Inc., a worldwide travel distribution company. Tourico Holidays is a global wholesale travel provider with over 150 international distribution websites and more than 23,000 merchant hotel agreements, operating in 23 languages in over 100 countries. As a supplier to over 4,300 tour operators and travel agents, Tourico Holidays operates and maintains global websites and online interfaces that serve a large diversity of travel sellers.
SOURCE Tourico Holidays