NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Transdermal drug patches offer the advantages of ease of use, painlessness, disposability, control of drug delivery and avoidance of first-pass metabolism by the liver. Advances in synthetic materials and patch design have led to patches that are more esthetically acceptable and that are capable of delivering sustained dosing of active compounds for several days in a smaller package. Growth in demand for drug patches is being driven by several factors – factors with strong demographic and population trend underpinnings. Further improvements to transdermal transport and the introduction of new patch designs will keep this segment expanding through 2022.
Market-driven Product Strategies
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumer-compatible form of packaging and application.
What You Will Learn
- What are the current transdermal drug patch markets and products, and what is the market potential for existing and probable future products?
- What is the impact of patch designs, technologies and patch development issues on commercialization?
- Who are the leading patch manufacturers and third-party transdermal supply chain companies?
- What is the current product and competitive landscape, and what are the details of the numerous products across the various patch product categories and markets?
- What is the size of the market now, and how will it change in the next seven years to 2022?
- Who are the transdermal drug patch product providers, and what are their product development activity, and strategies?
- What is the market impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p01941669-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker reviews, finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001