NEW YORK, May 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- As life expectancy in the developed world increases and populations age, the incidence and associated morbidity of chronic and acute pain is increasing and placing a higher level of emphasis on pain management as a quality-of-life issue for patients and their families. Responding to this trend, drug developers are increasingly turning to transdermal formulations of pain management drugs. Because it has the potential to improve drug therapy compliance, transdermal delivery addresses a key healthcare issue – one that is particularly problematic in aging populations and developing economies. Currently approved transdermal pain products include narcotics, NSAIDs, and topical anesthetics.
These patches and gels will encounter competition from development-stage transdermal formulations for a number of pain medications presently being marketed in oral or parenteral form. Several of these development programs involve international partnerships designed to take advantage of perceived opportunities in regional markets.
What You Will Learn
- What drugs indicated for managing pain are supplied as transdermal formulations, what are the formulation and product specifics, and who markets them?
- Who are the branded transdermal pain management product suppliers, their business models, and their capabilities?
- What are the major factors driving transdermal pain product demand?
- How important are drug developer-formulator-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for transdermal pain management products?
- What are the competing pain management product segments and what is their market share?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for transdermal pain management?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02516030-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001