NEW YORK, Jan. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The global transfection reagents and equipment market is expected to reach USD 1.02 billion by 2021 from USD 715.4 million in 2016, at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period 2016 to 2021.
Over the years, the transfection reagents and equipment market has witnessed various technological advancements in equipment as well as reagents to address the requirements of researchers and biotechnology & biopharmaceutical companies. These advancements have led to the development of transfection instruments that are of higher efficiency. It has also resulted in efficient quantitative and qualitative transfection in a wide range of cells, including the hard-to-transfect cells.
In 2016, the reagents segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market, by product. The biochemical method segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market, by method. The academic & research institutes segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market, by end user. The biomedical research segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market, by application.
In 2016, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global transfection reagents and equipment market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, with emphasis on India, China, and Japan. Growth in these countries can be attributed to the increase in research activities conducted in these regions, rapid expansion of the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry, government as well as private sector support, increase in cancer incidence, and favorable regulatory framework.
The market witnesses high competitive intensity, as there are several big and many small firms with similar product offerings. These companies adopted various strategies such as agreements, collaborations and partnerships, new product launches, expansions, and acquisitions to increase their presence and establish a strong foothold in the global market.
In-depth interviews were conducted with CEOs, sales and marketing directors, other innovation and technology directors, and executives from various key organizations operating in the transfection reagents and equipment market
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 56%, Tier 2: 34%, and Tier 3: 10%
- By Designation: Director Level: 28%, C-level: 19%, and Others: 53%
- By Region: North America: 27%, Europe: 27%, APAC: 30%, and RoW: 16%
The prominent players in the global transfection reagents and equipment market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), Promega Corporation (U.S.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), and QIAGEN N.V. (Netherlands). These companies held a dominant position in the market mainly due to their well-established presence in the field of genomics, presence in over 50 countries, high R&D investments, and strong sales and distribution force. Other players in the market include Polyplus-transfection SA (France), Bio-Rad Laboratories (U.S.), Lonza Group (Switzerland), Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (U.S.), Mirus Bio LLC (U.S.), and MaxCyte Inc. (U.S.).
The report provides a picture of the transfection reagents and equipment market across different industry verticals and regions. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market across different segments such as by product, method, end user, application, and regions. Furthermore, the report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, recent developments, product pipeline, and key market strategies.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn help firms, to garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the transfection reagents and equipment market. The report analyzes the transfection reagents and equipment market, by product, method, end user, application, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the transfection reagents and equipment market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various transfection methods across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the transfection technologies market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the transfection reagents and equipment market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04626491-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/transfection-reagents-and-equipment-market-by-method-physical-viral-application-end-user---global-forecast-to-2021-300393978.html