CLEVELAND, Nov. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Transformational Labs, the research arm of Transformational Revenue (TR), has applied the company's proprietary 60 Points of Transformational CEOs model to assess ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. The results indicate that the most rapidly growing and powerful leadership force in the Middle East is indeed a transformational leader who demonstrates most of the key transformational leader characteristics.
"Because he possesses those qualities, al-Baghdadi is capable of growing almost anything from virtually nothing," says TR CEO Jeff Christian, a top expert on transformational CEOs, leadership and corporations. "If al-Baghdadi were a corporate CEO, smart competitors would see him as a serious threat. As a country, we need to treat him the same way."
Christian completed this assessment using articles about and videos featuring the ISIS leader, comparing the content overlap between the recorded and observed behaviors and the 60-point assessment dimensions. Although a remote behavioral analysis isn't optimal, Christian believes the evidence is strong enough to support his conclusions.
"Those conclusions," Christian says, "are that his behaviors deliver transformational leadership; his results indicate transformational performance. That's scary."
The following is a condensed version of the 60 points the study addressed:
- Honesty, integrity and likability: In addition to coming across as warm, gracious and charismatic in the videos, al-Baghdadi appears to have the trust of his constituents.
- Transformational leadership qualities: He has created a brand that gets people excited. "Externally, that brand gets people to 'buy' or to follow," Christian says. "Internally, the brand is a 'war cry' that inspires employees to act."
- Strategy: Al-Baghdadi thinks strategically on multiple levels. His strategy stays in the forefront and never varies, and he is able to execute multiple tactics simultaneously that allow the strategy to be realized through achievement of the objectives.
- Infectious passion: "Transformational leaders are able to speak, communicate, act and behave in a way that inspires and impassions people to do the impossible," explains Christian.
- Talent expertise: Like all transformational CEOs, al-Baghdadi is a fanatical talent scout.
- High intellectual capacity: "A transformational leader thinks on multiple levels," Christian says. "Al-Baghdadi isn't ever guessing or studying; he just knows based on genetics and experience."
"Overall," Christian says, "al-Baghdadi exhibits most of the qualities of a transformational leader. The primary difference is how he uses them and keeps score. He's not interested in beating the competition through commerce; he uses violence instead to gain territory, constituents, mindshare and power.
"This is a man who is using his transformational leadership abilities for his own personal agenda rather than for the good of a group. We will continue to have big problems dealing with him or any transformational leader who deploys these skills for power or political gain."
About Transformational Revenue
Transformational Revenue was founded in 2014 to help companies unlock their hidden revenue-building potential using TR's proprietary revenue accelerator tools, products and models. Over the past 25 years, CEO and Founder Jeff Christian has built or helped build more than 100 transformational companies, among them Jeff Christian & Company and CTPartners. A confidante of and adviser to many of the world's top transformational leaders, Christian authored "The Headhunter's Edge," one of the first books written on transformational leadership. In addition, he is a venture capitalist who was named multiple times to Forbes' "The Midas List" of the world's top deal makers. Christian combines his knowledge and experience with science to identify transformational leaders and companies and guide them toward maximizing their potential.
Contact: Jeff Christian, 216-543-4606
SOURCE Transformational Revenue