SAN FRANCISCO, July 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global transportation management systems market size is expected to reach USD 198.82 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 16.2%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The emerging growth of the retail and e-commerce sector and the increasing need for automation and technology in supply chain and logistics are driving the adoption of transportation management system (TMS). Advancements in digital technologies which have led to the implementation of cloud transportation management systems, Internet of Things (IoT), predictive analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions, and blockchain technology facilitate the market growth. In addition, the high Return on Investment (RoI) on the implementation of a TMS module is drawing a large number of players to the market, which is expected to drive the growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Increasing digitalization and growth of the e-commerce industry in emerging economies are expected to drive the transportation management system market over the forecast period
- The Cloud TMS segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of 17.2% over the forecast period
- Growing investments in railway infrastructure are expected to fuel the overall market growth in the forthcoming years
- North America held the largest market share in 2018. The increasing import and export activities between U.S. and Canada, U.S. and Mexico, and U.S. and other countries are expected to drive the market
- Key players including Oracle Corporation; SAP SE; The Descartes Systems Group, Inc.; and JDA Software Inc. among others accounted for a majority share of the overall market in 2018
Read 150 page research report with TOC on "Transportation Management Systems Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report, By Deployment Mode, By Mode of Transportation, By End User, By Region, And Regional Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/transportation-management-systems-market
Logistics and supply chain companies are significantly investing in the deployment of the latest technologies in their transportation management systems to make optimum use of the high volume of data produced daily. AI is extensively used by logistics companies to enhance real-time decision-making abilities related to cost, carriers, inventories, and the availability of cargos and shipments. Big data-driven applications have already emerged to help streamline the logistics industry on a global scale.
The need for visibility, scalability, and flexibility across the supply chain is a major driving force for the transportation management system market. With the growth in the e-commerce industry around the world, the online retail market is developing rapidly, and customers are looking for highly personalized retail experiences, which subsequently helps drive the market. As the logistics and transportation sectors continue to grow, the need for faster, smarter, and more efficient shipping services becomes crucial, which is expected to make a significant contribution to the growth of the market.
There has been a rise in the competition among various module developers due to the introduction of technologies such as AI and blockchain. These technologies significantly contribute to the improvement of transportation management systems. Companies are making huge investments in their technological R&D to improve payment processing, freight location monitoring, and order fulfillment. Automation in logistics is gaining a lot of importance in the market, and module developers see this as a significant market opportunity. It would prove important for companies to embrace these technologies over the coming years to maintain a competitive position in the TMS market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global transportation management system market on the basis of deployment mode, mode of transportation, end user, and region:
- Transportation Management Systems Deployment Mode Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Transportation Management Systems Mode of Transportation Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Transportation Management Systems End User Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Retail & E-commerce
- Government Organizations
- Transportation Management Systems Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
Find more research reports on Automotive & Transportation Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Commercial Aviation Aircraft Cabin Lighting Market – Global commercial aviation aircraft cabin lighting industry is projected to see a steady growth on account of increasing LED technologies demand in aircraft. The market is expected to grow at an approximate CAGR of 4% from 2016 to 2024.
- Automotive Seat Belts Market – The automotive seatbelt market is is expected to witness a significant increase in demand over the forecast period owing to growing awareness regarding safety and strict traffic rules.
- Hybrid EV Battery Market – Declining crude oil reserves and issues concerning deprivation of the environment are the main factors fuelling the expansion of hybrid electric vehicle battery industry.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.