LONDON, Oct. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
The scenario for domestic tourism was not favourable during the historic period and experienced decline due to nominal growth in GDP. However, domestic trips are expected to show a growing trend from 2015-2019 due to better performance of the economy. Inbound tourism registered growth during 2009-2014, mainly driven by the opening of new air routes. France aims to attract 100 million tourists by 2020 from the launch of a tourist campaign 'Be Nicer to Travelers' in June 2015. China has recently emerged as one of the key source markets for France and steps taken in 2014 to speed up the visa issuing process has further increased arrivals.
- Domestic tourism went through a difficult phase, declining from 202.8 million in 2009 to 199.2 million in 2014, as there was a nominal growth in GDP at constant prices. As the economy is expected to perform better over the forecast period (2014-2019), domestic trips are expected to reach 211.9 million by 2019. However, inbound tourism grew at a CAGR of 2.03% in the historic period, increasing from 76.8 million in 2009 to 84.9 million in 2014. This was mainly due to the growth in passengers using air transportation through the opening of several new routes. With the launch of the 'Be Nicer to Travelers' tourist campaign in June 2015, there is a target to attract 100 million tourists by 2020. There was a slight growth in outbound trips during the historic period, from 24.4 million in 2009 to 25.4 million in 2014. These are likely to reach 26.7 million by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 1% over the forecast period.
- Other than tourists from Europe, which account for more than 80% of tourists in France, China has also emerged as a key source market for tourists, and steps have been taken for this rapid growth. The visa issue process has sped to 48 hours for Chinese tourists, resulting in growth of 61% in 2014, at a CAGR of 19.8% during 2009-2014. Moreover, applications for tourist visas increased by 65% over January and February 2015.
- Industrial tourism involves visits to companies and businesses, helping visitors to learn about products, production processes, applications, and historical backgrounds. Approximately 5,000 establishments in France are open to the public and they receive more than 10 million visitors. To make it easily accessible to tourists, the Association for Company Visits has opened a website, www.entrepriseetdecouverte.fr, dedicated to support tourism under the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) mode, and provides list of all companies in France open to the public.
Canadean's report - Travel and Tourism in France to 2019" provides detailed information on the French tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire French Travel andTourism sector
Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in France for various categories, such as accommodation, sightseeing entertainment, foodservice, transportation, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Analysis of trips by purpose and mode of transport, and expenditure across various categories including domestic, inbound and outbound tourism, with analysis using similar metrics
- Analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries by customer type - leisure and business travelers
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the French Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3161126/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers