LOS ANGELES, Aug. 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Travel Expert team at ShuttleWizard.com has found an airfare hack that can save passengers 20% or more on flights (in our case 29%). The process is quite simple, anyone can do it, and it just requires some time and basic airfare searching skills.
Why It Works: Airlines have complicated pricing algorithms that take into account dozens of variables to update fare pricings on a daily basis. Most importantly, many airlines compare their pricing to the competition and adjust pricing accordingly. This opens the possibility for arbitrage scenarios where travelers can book a cheap rate for a competitive route that makes a stopover at the actual destination city. This fare can be lower than booking directly to the actual destination city.
This example uses East Asia because this is home to one of the most competitive airfare markets in the world. There are plenty of airlines competing for the same trans-pacific routes from major hubs in the States to capital cities in Asia. This mixture is great for travelers looking to find deals to travel to Asia.
How To Do It: The Travel Expert team at ShuttleWizard.com picked a trip from LAX to Taipei on December 1st, 2015. Travelers can start searching for the cheapest one-way flight to Taipei following these simple steps:
- Go to Google Flights and enter the preferred travel destination. In this case, pick from LAX and to Taipei (TPE).
- Look at the search results. The most affordable flight is with China Airlines for $561.00 USD.
- Redo the original search and replace the destination airport with different airport hubs in that region of the world. In this case, Hong Kong (HKG), Tokyo (NRT), Seoul (ICN), and Shanghai (PVG). Check out this list to see all airport hubs around the world. http://bit.ly/1JCaq0s.
- KEY: Under "More Options," select your real destination city as the connecting airport (in our case Taipei), and complete the search.
- In this case, Hong Kong showed up as the cheapest flight option with a stopover in Taipei. The fare is $398.00 USD to fly LAX-TPE-HKG versus $561.00 USD for flying LAX directly to Taipei. That's 29% cheaper. Huge savings!!
The Execution: During the travel day, please make sure to tell the check-in attendant to check-in the luggage until Taipei – otherwise the luggage will end up in Hong Kong! Members of the Travel Experts team at ShuttleWizard.com have done it in Frankfurt and Jakarta. Happy Travels!!
For full article go to: https://shuttlewizard.com/blog/travel-experts-find-airfare-hack-to-save-20-or-more-on-flights
About the Author:
Alex Saad is the Founder and CEO of ShuttleWizard.com. He hopes to use his travel expertise to find cheaper airport transportation deals for fellow travelers. ShuttleWizard.com is an airport transportation search engine and reservations platform.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/travel-experts-find-airfare-hack-to-save-20-or-more-on-flights-300134902.html