SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Travel Ticker®, the inspirational travel website and newsletter that is home to some of the best insider deals at many of the world's favorite destinations, today announced that it has an influx of spectacular romantic travel getaways to surprise your Valentine.
For the second year in a row, Valentine's Day falls during the long President's Day weekend (Friday February 12th – Monday February 15th) and at a time when deals are abundant, making it even easier to whisk your special someone away for some R&R. For those looking to pop the question, what better way to do it than on this lover's holiday, during a three-day getaway at a scenic locale?
"Valentine's Day can get expensive with the standard restaurant reservations, gifts, flowers and chocolates. Instead, I advise couples to use that money to go away for the long weekend and have a more meaningful Valentine's Day experience," said Barbara Messing, Vice President of Travel Ticker. "By taking a romantic trip, lovebirds can create some incredible memories together and this year they can do it on a budget."
The month of February has great savings. Resorts at tropical destinations like Mexico are significantly more affordable than they were at Christmas or will be during Spring Break. In addition, travelers can take advantage of the current air fare "sale mania" as airlines are discounting heavily right now to several swoon-worthy destinations.
This Valentine's Day travelers can pay homage to Cupid with an amazing deal to a romantic locale. Travel Ticker recommends taking a lovers stroll in the streets of San Francisco; enjoying world-class blues music and a room with a view in Chicago; indulging in champagne breakfasts on the Las Vegas Strip; or swimming at a private cove beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
- San Francisco: 45% off boutique waterfront hotel, book by 1/27/2010
- Located on San Francisco's Embarcadero waterfront, the upscale Harbor Court hotel is $89 Thursday-Sunday (that's 45% off). You'll also get 50% off parking (a $20 value). Stay now-April 6.
- 4-star Chicago hotel with suite upgrade ($30 value) -- $89, book by 1/27/2010
- TripAdvisor readers consistently rank this Chicago hotel in the top 5%. The 4-star Affinia in downtown Chicago is now just $89, and includes an upgrade to a studio suite (a $30 value). Valid any night, now-April 4.
- Vegas Strip: AAA Four Diamond hotel w/$25 credit, from $46, book by 1/31/2010
- Stay at the AAA Four Diamond Monte Carlo Resort & Casino on the Vegas Strip from $46 midweek and $90 on weekends. Plus, get a $25 food-and-beverage credit along with spa and show discounts. Travel now-March 31.
- Luxurious oceanfront resort in NE Florida w/breakfast, $179, book by 2/3/2010
- Travel Ticker has snagged an exclusive $179 rate for the AAA Four Diamond Lodge & Club at Ponte Vedra Beach near Jacksonville, FL. This rate also includes daily breakfast for two. Stay any night, now-February 28.
- Los Cabos: 45% off oceanfront villa with kitchen, $109, book by 2/3/2010
- The brand-new, beachfront Welk Resort Sirena del Mar in Los Cabos, Mexico, has one-bedroom deluxe oceanfront villas for $109 in February. That's 45% off regular rates. Valid now-April 30.
- Washington, D.C.: 50% off boutique hotel w/breakfast, book by 1/27/2010
- The contemporary Capitol Skyline Hotel in downtown Washington, D.C., is offering stays for $69 on weekends, and $10 more midweek. Plus, that rate includes breakfast daily. Valid now-February 28.
- Phoenix's Arizona Biltmore over Valentine's Day w/upgrade, $179, book now
- The AAA Four Diamond Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa is offering a $179 rate with an upgrade over Valentine's Day (February 12-16). This resort was named a Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List & top 50 U.S. resorts.
Travel Ticker created the following easy links below for lovebirds to find the best romantic getaways and ignite the passion during Valentine's Day weekend:
- Valentine's Day Getaways
- Romantic Getaways
Additionally, since the Travel Ticker site and newsletter are geo-targeted, visitors will automatically see the travel deals that make the most sense from their area.
Travel-Ticker.com is an online inspirational travel website that is home to some of the best insider deals at many of the world's favorite destinations. With an ear to the ground and an eye for the unique, Travel Ticker's travel experts provide users with a platform to browse for researched travel bargains, the latest travel trends, and editorial insight. Established in 2006 as a travel newsletter and in 2008 as a standalone website, Travel-Ticker.com boasts more than 11 million subscribers. Travel Ticker is an independent business unit of The Hotwire Group. For more information, visit us at http://www.travel-ticker.com/ and follow us on Twitter (@travel_ticker).
Travel Ticker and Travel-Ticker.com are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotwire, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other logos or product and company names mentioned herein may be the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Hotwire, Inc. All rights reserved. CTS# 2053390-40
Lily De Smedt