MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- TrialPay, the leading transactional advertising platform, today announced that it has more than doubled its total platform revenue and transaction volume in 2010 and expanded its reach to more than 80 million users. TrialPay's transactional advertising approach has evolved from a marketing strategy for software companies into a critical monetization platform for social game publishers, online services, and retailers, with leadership in a wide range of fast-growing categories such as freemium applications and Web services.
Other key milestones for TrialPay in 2010 include:
- Reach of more than 80 million registered users: Over the past year, TrialPay has grown its user base to over 80 million consumers, with millions interacting with TrialPay every month.
- Leadership in social game monetization: In 2010, TrialPay's transactional advertising approach became a key monetization strategy for social game publishers, and TrialPay now works with nearly all of the leading social game publishers on the Facebook Platform, reaching more than 85 percent of the global social gaming audience. TrialPay has also expanded to enable transactional advertising for Facebook Credits.
- Transactions in over 180 countries: TrialPay has taken transactional advertising global, processing transactions in over 180 countries and adding more than 400 new international offers in the last six months alone. The company has now also localized its platform in 12 different languages.
- Launch of the first transactional advertising shopping cart: TrialPay recently introduced TrialPay Commerce, the first e-commerce shopping cart with transactional advertising integrated into the cart itself. This hosted shopping cart is being used by companies such as MediaMall Technologies to cross-promote relevant products, provide conversion-boosting discounts and engage consumers while they are in the midst of a transaction.
- Secured four patents for its alternative payment methods: In 2010, TrialPay was granted four U.S. patents for its unique methods and systems for alternative payments.
"Our continued expansion in e-commerce and social gaming has been a key driver of our explosive 2010 growth," said Alex Rampell, CEO of TrialPay. "We expect to keep up the pace in 2011 with the launch of our e-commerce cart, continued global expansion and new partnerships. Our transactional advertising platform unites targeted promotions before the transaction, a hosted cart with compelling cross-sells and discounts during the transaction and coupons post-transaction to monetize users at every stage of the purchase process."
First established with TrialPay's Get It Free(TM) model, transactional advertising is the placement of a relevant good or service before, during or after the point of a transaction. In transactional advertising, a consumer around the point of purchase is presented with a targeted offer from TrialPay's network of name-brand advertisers, such as Sears, Apple or Groupon. This offer can provide either a free product or a substantial discount on the original or future purchase. Businesses earn more per transaction by receiving a portion of the advertising dollars from TrialPay's name-brand partners. TrialPay has found that providing in-cart offers and cross-promotional opportunities also increases conversions and reduces shopping cart abandonment rates.
TrialPay's transactional advertising platform boosts revenue and converts more customers for online merchants by placing targeted promotions around transactions. TrialPay presents customers with compelling incentives and payment options from name-brand advertisers, increasing sales for online merchants while driving traffic and customer acquisitions for premier advertisers. With TrialPay, everyone wins: customers get a free product or significant discount on current or future purchases, advertisers acquire new customers on a pay-for-performance basis and online merchants earn more revenue from their current traffic.
TrialPay works with leading companies across many industries, including software, social apps, retail, online services and more. In four years, TrialPay has provided 80 million users with compelling payment options at more than 10,000 sites including Facebook, Gap, Trend Micro and Fandango. TrialPay holds key patents spanning alternative payment methods for products, services and virtual goods sold online. For more information, please visit http://www.trialpay.com.