MEDFORD, Ore., April 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Trilobyte Games, LLC today announced a new, Android operating system version of the firm's blockbuster classic: The 7th Guest. Replete with a new, HD touch-screen interface that upscales the game beautifully to high definition; new maps; new animations and icons; and a host of other new features, the "20th Anniversary Edition" of the popular video game is available now through the launch weekend for (USD) $3.99 at the Google Play or Amazon AppStore. Following the launch, the price will be (USD) $5.99. Download the title here: http://get.mojo-touch.com/7thguest.
When The 7th Guest was first released in 1993, it was one of the first two games designed for CDROM. At the time, Bill Gates called it: "…the new standard in interactive entertainment." A puzzle-solving game, The 7th Guest was the first title to use full-rendered 3D animation and navigation. It was the number-one rated game in 1994 user polls.
The new 20th Anniversary version marks the company's first entry into the burgeoning Android space, extending the reach of Trilobyte Games' intellectual property into all OS-based markets.
"We are delighted to be working with the pro team at MojoTouch on this important project," said Rob Landeros, co-founder, creative director and chair. "Our fans extend across all devices and markets and we are excited to be offering a special, re-featured Android version of our game."
The original game features:
- Groundbreaking use of full-motion video and dialogue recorded by live actors in a terrifying virtual environment
- Bizarre, mind-bending puzzles to solve
- 22 stunningly rendered, devilishly surprising, 3-D rooms in a fully explorable haunted mansion
'20th Anniversary Edition' features:
- Totally new game play controls that were built from the ground up for touch-screens
- Hotspot based - no more pixel hunting
- All-new slick icons and animations
- Completely new map which can be accessed directly while playing
- Completely new game menus and save/load system
- Much improved voice acting audio quality and all new, optional subtitles
- Four music options: remastered music score; original score in Midi, General Midi or Adlib
- 27 Achievements to earn and share with your friends
- For more details, please see our trailer video:
'20th Anniversary Edition' list of extras:
- 'The Making of' featurette
- 19 Delete Scenes and 33 Delete Audio Parts
- Full soundtrack: 36 Tracks
- 'The 7th Guest' Novel (157 pages)
- The Original Script, 'The Stauf Files' document, and Original Game Manual
- Optional retro settings: play with original graphics, original music & the original controls
Multiple languages (included without additional cost):
English voice acting, with or without English subtitles
German voice acting with or without German subtitles
French voice acting with or without French subtitles
Russian voice acting
Trilobyte Games, LLC, www.trilobytegames.com, is an Oregon corporation headquartered in Medford. The firm is located at 2822 Orchard Home, Medford, OR 97501.
The 20th Anniversary Edition produced and developed under license from Trilobyte Games, LLC by MojoTouch © 2008-2015 all rights reserved.
For more information, contact:
Rob Landeros, Trilobyte Games, LLC
Cell: (US) 541.601.0658
Charlie McHenry, Cofounder
Trilobyte Games, LLC
SOURCE Trilobyte Games