SAO PAULO, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Triunfo Participacoes e Investimentos S.A., (BM&FBOVESPA: TPIS3, OTC: TPIUY.PK) a leading Brazilian infrastructure company with a strong presence in the highway concession, port, electric power generation, cabotage and, most recently, airport segments, announces its results for the third quarter of 2012 (3Q12). The full earnings release is also available on Triunfo's website: www.triunfo.com/ir
- Net operating revenue totaled R$212.2 million (+23.1%) in 3Q12 and R$605.6 million (+23.4%) in 9M12.
- Consolidated traffic volume increased by 7.1% to 20.2 million equivalent vehicles.(1)
- Container handling at Portonave totaled 178,150 TEUs,(2) a 29.2% increase.
- Assured energy sold came to 149,700 MWh, up by 4.1%.
- Cabotage volume reached 13,449 TEUs.
- Adjusted EBITDA totaled R$101.1 million (+37.8%), with a margin of 47.6%, compared with 42.6% a year earlier. LTM EBITDA came to R$416.8 million.
- The dividend calculation base was R$13.4 million in the quarter and R$54.3 million in 9M12. So far this year, the Company has distributed R$48.8 million in dividends, with an annualized yield of 3.5%.
- At the end of August, the Company's subsidiary Aeroportos Brasil Viracopos S.A. began expansion works at Campinas International Airport (Viracopos), three months ahead of the bid notice schedule. Triunfo holds an indirect 23% stake in this concessionaire.
- Improved debt profile – New financing secured for the energy, port management and cabotage operations for more elongated profile of debt, eliminated the exposure to exchange rate variation and reduced the debt cost.
Conference Call in Portuguese with simultaneous translation into English
Time: Friday, November 9, 2012, 11:00 a.m. (US ET) / 2:00 p.m. (Brasilia)
Phone Numbers: +55 11 4688 6361 (Brazil) +1 (786) 924-6977 (Other countries)
Investor Relations Department
(1)Equivalent vehicle is a measure based on the total number of toll-paying vehicles, taking into account their respective toll multiplication factors.
(2)TEU: Twenty-foot equivalent unit.
SOURCE Triunfo Participacoes e Investimentos S.A.