SAO PAULO, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Triunfo Participacoes e Investimentos S.A. (BM&FBovespa: TPIS3; OTC: TPIUY.PK), a company that operates in the highway, port and power generation segments in Brazil, announces its results for the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Net Revenue grew 37.5% in 4Q11 and 30.7% in 2011, reaching R$238 million and R$787 million, respectively.
- Traffic volume increased 7.8% in 4Q11, totaling 20.3 million equivalent vehicles. Traffic volume in 2011 was 76.9 million equivalent vehicles, up 8.4% over 2010.
- Handled container volume at Portonave reached 145,793 TEUs and 545,158 TEUs in 4Q11 and 2011, respectively.
- Energy Generated was 166,192 MWh and 729,843 MWh in 4Q11 and 2011, respectively.
- Adjusted EBITDA was R$117 million in 4Q11, increasing 38.7%, for a margin of 58.1%. For full year 2011, adjusted EBITDA was R$352 million, up 13.3%.
- Net Income in 4Q11 totaled R$28.9 million. The Dividend Calculation Base was R$44.3 million for the quarter and R$88.5 million for the year.
- Leverage ratio of the highway and port segments is below 1x EBITDA.
- Maestra acquired its fourth ship, which will enable it to offer a service with weekly stopovers at the terminals where it operates.
- In October, Triunfo formed a joint venture with Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha ("NYK"), the Japanese shipping company. NYK holds a 10% interest in the cabotage business after having injected R$10 million in the joint venture.
- In October, Concepa raised its average toll fees by 7.14%. In November 2011, Econorte received authorization to raise its toll fees by 4.21%.
- In December, Triunfo formed a joint venture with Vetorial Participacoes and ALL – America Latina Logistica to create Vetria Mineracao. Vetria will extract, transport and sell iron ore from Macico do Urucum in Corumba (MS) through the Port of Santos (SP).
The Earnings Release is available on the website www.triunfo.com/ir
UPCOMING EVENTS: CONFERENCE CALLS – MARCH 27, 2012
March 27, 2012
3:00 p.m. (Brasilia) / 2:00 p.m. (US ET)
Telephone: +55 11 3127 4971
Code: TPI Triunfo
Replay: +55 (11) 3127-4999
4:30 p.m. (Brasilia) / 3:30 p.m. (US ET)
Telephone: +1 (412) 317-6776
Code: TPI Triunfo
Replay: +1 (412) 317-0088
SOURCE Triunfo Participacoes e Investimentos S.A.