CHICAGO, June 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for summer, Tropicana Trop50 introduces Lemonade and Raspberry Lemonade. These new varieties deliver the refreshment of lemonade with 50 percent less sugar and calories, and no artificial sweeteners.
To help people feel fabulously refreshing, Trop50 partnered with Giuliana Rancic, from E! and FabFitFun.com fame, to share advice on how to look and feel good this summer. Together, they also are doing what is often done at a lemonade stand…raising money for a good cause.
"I'm always looking for new ways to feel refreshed, especially with my hectic schedule," said Rancic. "Tropicana Trop50 is a great option for me because each 8-ounce glass squeezes in a full day's supply of vitamin C and is a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E. I also love what Trop50 is doing to celebrate women supporting women to look good and feel fabulous through Dress for Success Worldwide."
This multi-faceted effort includes:
- The "World's Most Fabulous Lemonade Stand" in New York City today from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. EDT. Adding a splash of color and comfort to Times Square, the chic retreat will feature free Trop50 lemonade refreshments, a fun photo booth experience and a visit from Rancic, who will share advice on how to look good and feel fabulous this summer and host a live USTREAM event from 12-1 p.m. EDT on the Trop50 Facebook tab. Lucky guests will be treated to refreshing mini-makeovers.
- TODAY ONLY, for each new "Like" of the Trop50 Facebook page at trop50.com/facebook, Trop50 will donate 50 cents to Dress for Success Worldwide, up to $10,000. Dress for Success promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- Also on the Trop50 Facebook page, check out the photo booth app. Create and share fun images of yourself alongside Rancic, then post the photos on your wall, update your profile picture and share with friends. You also can enter the Trop50 "50 Fabulous Wishes" contest through Aug. 31. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules at above website.
New Trop50 Lemonade and Raspberry Lemonade also will be supported by a new spot in the popular "girlfriends" advertising campaign, which recently debuted featuring Emmy award-winning actress Jane Krakowski.
10 Refreshing Tips from Giuliana Rancic
- Just Smile – A smile is your best accessory and lifts your spirit!
- Pretty Polish – Citrus shades are all the rage this summer, so add a splash of color to your nails with a fresh yellow or juicy pink polish.
- Cheers to Social Interactions – Drinks with friends, a casual picnic or a walk in the park can be extremely effective in raising energy levels. So be a social butterfly!
- Choose Wisely – when looking for ways to look great this season, remember to choose foods and beverages that make you feel good inside and out, like Tropicana Trop50.
- Be Happy, Be Healthy – Don't have time for hour-long workouts? A brisk 10-minute walk can increase your energy and improve your mood.
- Sport Sunglasses – Trendy shades protect your eyes and offer the perfect accessory for any outfit.
- Brush on Bronzer – Incorporate a little bronzer into your summer makeup routine; it gives your face a healthy glow and makes your pearly whites really stand out.
- Best Face Forward – To achieve flawless-looking skin this summer, swap out your foundation for a tinted moisturizer.
- Get Moving for a Good Cause – Rally your friends together and enter a local charity race or walk.
- Protect Yourself – Wear sunblock everyday! It's important to stay protected from harmful rays. A little blush or bronzer goes a long way.
EMBED CODE - COPY AND PASTE THE HTML BELOW INTO YOUR BLOG POST
In March 2011, the SymphonyIRI Group named Tropicana Trop50 one of the "Top 10 Food and Beverage Brands in 2010." Trop50 delivers the goodness of fruit juice with 50 percent less sugar and calories, and no artificial sweeteners. Each 8-ounce glass squeezes in a full day's supply of vitamin C and is a good source of antioxidant vitamin E. It is available in several great-tasting varieties including Pomegranate Blueberry, Pineapple Mango, Farmstand Apple, Orange with Calcium and Vitamin D, and new fabulously-refreshing Lemonade and Raspberry Lemonade.
The great taste of Trop50 is thanks to a breakthrough use of a zero-calorie, all-natural, stevia-based sweetener known as PureVia™. PureVia is the highest quality, all-natural extract of the stevia plant called Reb A. In Trop50, PureVia enhances the sweetness of real fruit juice, naturally.
All Trop50 juice beverage varieties can be found in the chilled juice aisle at a suggested retail price of $3.59 for a 59-ounce bottle.
About Tropicana Products, Inc.
Tropicana Products, Inc., a division of PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE: PEP), is the leading producer and marketer of branded fruit juices. Tropicana markets its products in the U.S. under a variety of brand names, including the Tropicana not-from-concentrate line of juices: Dole® juices and juice blends; Tropicana® Juices, Trop50 and Tropicana Twister® juice beverages. The Dole brand name is licensed from Dole Food Company, Inc. For more information about Tropicana, visit Tropicana.com.
PepsiCo offers the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 19 different product lines that generate more than $1 billion in annual retail sales each. Our main businesses -- Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi Cola -- also make hundreds of other enjoyable and wholesome foods and beverages that are respected household names throughout the world. With net revenues of approximately $60 billion, PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also, means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment, including by conserving energy and water usage, and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support, and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
About Dress for Success Worldwide
Dress for Success Worldwide is an international not-for-profit organization that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Since starting operations in 1997, Dress for Success has expanded to more than 100 cities in the U.S., Australia, Canada, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, the UK and the West Indies. To date, Dress for Success Worldwide has helped more than 550,000 women work towards self-sufficiency. Visit www.dressforsuccess.org to learn more.
SOURCE Tropicana Products, Inc.