ATLANTA, May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- TRX, Inc. (www.trx.com) (OTCQB: TRXI), a world-leading provider of travel technology, process automation, consulting and data services, announced the 2011 TRX award recipients during TRX World 2011 Global User Conference held May 2-5 in Austin, Texas.
The conference brought together top travel management companies, corporate buyers, and a host of integration and alliance partners to discuss the latest trends and technology developments in corporate travel management. TRX recognized outstanding achievements by corporations, travel management companies and partners for growth of online programs, leveraging TRX products in travel programs, product innovations and building partner relationships.
2011 TRX award recipients include:
- Corporate Champion: The Boeing Company
Corporate Champion Honorees: Booz and Company, Cargill Incorporated, Cerner, Nokia Siemens Networks, Oracle, Schneider Electric, Telus, and The Shaw Group
- Outstanding RESX Site: Hatch
- Best Overall Program: Nokia
- Most Active Program: New Account Activity – RESX: Mann Travels
- Most Active Program: Year Over Year Growth – RESX: Azumano Travel
- Most Active Program: New Account Activity – TRAVELTRAX: Hewlett Packard Company
- Most Active Program: Year Over Year Growth – TRAVELTRAX: Halliburton Energy Services, Inc.
- Global Expansion Champion: American Express
- Government Champion: State of Alaska
- Alliance Partner of the Year: Park 'N Fly
Reseller and Travel Agency Awards
- Reseller Champion Honorees: Christopherson Travel Group, Gwins Travel, Nationwide Hospitality, Sprayberry Travel, Travel & Transport, TravelCorp, Village Travel, and Vision 2000 Travel Group
- Agency Program Honorees: Canyon Creek Travel, Egencia, Expedia, and Orbitz for Business International
- Early Adopter: Accent Travel and Great Southern Travel
- Innovator's Award: Despegar.com and US Travel
- Best New Distributor RESX: Carrousel Travel
- Best New Agency - CORREX: Vayama
- BPO Partner of the Year: American Airlines
"Celebrating the innovations and achievements of our clients is the highlight of our annual conference," said Shane Hammond, President and CEO, TRX. "We would like to thank our clients, resellers, sponsors and partners for their continued support of TRX and for making TRX World 2011 a successful user conference."
This year's conference sponsors included AgentWare, BookingBuilder, CareerBuilder, Park 'N Fly Network, and Sabre Travel Network. TRX and conference attendees donated over $2,500 to the North Texas Chapter of Make-A-Wish-Foundation via proceeds raised during the TRX World "Golf Tournament", "Spa for a Cause" luxury spa event, and an Armadillo Race held in conjunction with the event.
TRX is a world-leading travel technology and data services provider, offering more than 20 software-as-a-service utilities for online booking, reservation processing, data intelligence, and process automation. We deliver our technology applications in an on-demand environment to travel agencies, corporations, travel suppliers, government agencies, credit card associations, credit card issuing banks, and third-party administrators. We provide patented savings maximization solutions via our travel analytics consulting practice, extending spend management services to travel buyers all over the world. We complement all of these offerings with a global workforce focused on travel process automation and re-engineering. For more information about TRX or to contact a TRX sales office, phone 404.929.6100 or visit the Company's website at www.trx.com.
SOURCE TRX, Inc.