Global Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitors Drug Market Dosage Price & Clinical Pipeline Outlook 2024 Report Highlights:
Global TNF Inhibitors Market Trends
Key TNF Inhibitors Drug Sales, Price & Dosage Analysis
Global TNF Inhibitors Clinical Pipeline by Company, Indication & Phase
Sales Projections of Key Drugs Till 2024
Clinical Pipeline Data by Phase
TNF Inhibitors Market Future Outlook
Marketed Drug Clinical & Patent Insight
Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) is a vital protein that plays a key role in the regulation of immune cells. Several Clinical studies have proved that the level of TNF is significantly high in patients suffering from Autoimmune Diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis and Crohn's Disease. Each of these indications have shown high prevalence globally in the past few years with million of new incidence being reported every year.
This discovery has lead pharmaceutical companies to develop therapeutics which aims at inhibiting the overexpression of TNF. TNF inhibitors, also known as Anti TNF therapeutics work by attaching to TNF receptors, thus lowering the levels of TNF in the body; resulting in prevention of inflammatory response and chronic pain. The use of TNF inhibitors in each of the above mentioned clinical conditions have been found to provide excellent therapeutic efficacy with minimal side effects, thus making them global leaders in the autoimmune disorder, pain management and inflammatory therapeutic segment.
Etanercept (Enbrel), Infliximab (Remicade), Adalimumab (Humira) , Certolizumab, and Golimumab (Simponi) are the key therapeutics that make up the global TNF inhibitors Market. Among these, Humira and Remicade have made it to the list of Blockbuster drugs of 2017 with global sales of US$ 17.6 Billion and US$ 5.9 Billion Respectively. Remicade is closely followed by another TNF inhibitor Enbrel, with global sales of US$ 5.8 Billion.
With the launch of biosimilar version of each TNF inhibitors, the global TNF inhibitors market is bound to undergo a dynamic change with respect to revenues. Factors like patent expiration, involvement of emerging biotechnology and pharmaceutical firms, collaboration and support from regulatory authorities for easy approval has facilitated the commercialization of novel TNF inhibitors and their biosimilars.
Although the TNF inhibitors market is being flooded with wide range of TNF Biosimilars; certain therapeutics are bound to remain dominant in the global TNF inhibitors market. For instance, Despite Humira being one of the earliest therapeutic in the market, it has managed to acquire the largest market size globally. The success of Humira indicates high market potential in the newly approved therapeutics that are anticipated to enter the market soon, thus proving that the TNF inhibitor segment is here to stay.
While North America is still the Dominant market when it comes to TNF inhibitors; Analysis shows the market dominance shifting towards European and Asian regions during the forecast period. Patent Expiry of Existing TNF inhibitors, Favorable reimbursement plans, lenient drug regulation laws are few key reasons for the shift of the TNF inhibitors market towards the European and Asia Pacific Region. Further, launching of new products, advancement in scientific and technical aspect of Drug development and increasing investment in healthcare are fuelling factors that provide an optimistic forecast in the developing Asian regions like China and India.
Global Increase in elderly population and rise in the prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease are key factors that drive the TNF inhibitors market. Studies indicate that 20% of the global population is suffering from some kind of chronic pain, with rheumatoid arthritis showing the highest prevalence. Estimated data indicates that the number of people suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis alone might rise to over 78 Million by 2040, thus ensuring exponential growth to the TNF inhibitors Market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Tumor Necrosis Factor - An Overview 1.1 Prologue to Tumor Necrosis Factor 1.2 History & Discovery of Tumor Necrosis Factors
2. Significance of Tumor Necrosis Factor 2.1 TNF in Cell Signaling & Immunity 2.1.1 Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 1 2.1.2 Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 2 2.2 Role of TNF in Cancer 2.3 Disease Related to TNF & Members of Its Family
3. Working Mechanism of Tumor Necrosis Factors (TNF) Inhibitors & Their Therapeutic Evolution 3.1 Tumor Necrosis Factor & Immune Response 3.2 Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibition by Monoclonal Antibodies
4. Approaches Used in Development of TNF Inhibitors 4.1 Monoclonal Antibody Approach 4.2 Recombinant DNA Technology Approach
5. Global Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha Inhibitors Pipeline Overview
9. Current Market Trends & Recent Advances in the TNF Inhibitors Segment 9.1 Dominance of TNF Inhibitors in Global Therapeutics Market 9.2 Global TNF Inhibitor Market by Indication - Market Size & Growing Opportunity 9.2.1 Rheumatoid Arthritis 9.2.2 Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis (PsA) 9.2.3 Crohn's Disease 9.2.4 Ankylosing Spondylitis 9.3 Global TNF Inhibitors Market by Region 9.3.1 US 9.3.2 Europe 9.3.3 Asia- Pacific 9.3.4 Middle East & Africa (MEA)
12. Restraining Factors of the Global TNF Inhibitors Market
13. Global - TNF Inhibitors Future Forecast & Sales Projections 13.1 Impact of Biosimilar Benepali' on Enbrel Sales 13.2 Affordable Alternatives to Humira & Their Effect on Global Humira Sales 13.3 Remicade & Its Biosimilar 13.4 Conclusion & Executive Summary