POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y., July 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric, a BBB A+ accredited business and recipient of more than 1,000 5-star consumer reviews, advises Hudson Valley homeowners to stay comfortable this summer and still keep energy costs down by following some easy and affordable tips.
Temperatures in the eastern United States are expected to be above average this year in part because of El Niño, according to a report from The Weather Channel.
"A lot of people expect their utility bill to soar this summer, but that doesn't have to be the case," said Tommy Webber, owner of T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric. "And that doesn't mean you have to suffer through the season, either. There are reliable methods for cooling your home besides simply blasting the AC, and while they might take a little planning or practice, they'll keep your energy consumption down and also keep you comfortable."
Here are five simple steps Webber recommends that will lower your utility bill without cranking the thermostat:
- Turn on your fans: Using electric fans lets you keep the thermostat at a higher temperature and still stay comfortable. Experts say a fan can make up to a four degree difference. Remember not to let fans run if no one is in the room.
- Turn off the oven: The oven can raise the temperature of your kitchen up to 10 degrees. Plan meals that don't require the oven, like salads and leftovers, or use the stovetop instead.
- Check the AC: An air conditioner that runs well uses a lot less energy than one that needs a new air filter or cleaned-out coils. If it's time to replace your unit, look for a more energy-efficient model. Even if it costs a little more, it will offer significant savings in the long run.
- Install a smart thermostat: You'll be able to program the most efficient settings for morning, evening and night with different settings for weekends and weekdays. You can also adjust the temperature remotely, even if you're on vacation.
- Unplug electronics and small appliances: That charger sucks up electricity even when it's not connected to your device, and so do TVs, lamps, toasters and microwaves. Electronics and appliances also generate heat, so unplug them when they're not in use for both savings and comfort.
"Summer in the Hudson Valley can be uncomfortable," Webber said. "You're not going to be able to change the temperature outside, but there are plenty of things you can do that will make a big difference in your home. Just think ahead, make sure your air conditioner is in good shape and try to remember the common things that can either drive up your electricity bill or warm up your home unnecessarily."
To learn more about energy savings and T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric's full line of services, please call 845-288-2777 or visit www.twebber.com.
About T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric
T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric is a family owned and operated home services company serving the Hudson Valley area, including Dutchess, Putnam, Westchester, Orange, Ulster and Rockland counties. A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau, T.Webber has been the company of choice for residential service, repair and installation for nearly 30 years. Tom Webber founded the company in 1989 with the vision to exceed customer expectations and provide exceptional service with integrity, competence and objectivity with every service call. The company slogan, "We keep your home running right," is the T.Webber commitment to deliver exceptional turnkey home solutions to Hudson Valley homeowners. T.Webber provides timely, same-day service for plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical, well system, water quality, bathroom remodeling, and sewer and septic repairs. For more information, call 1-845-288-2777 or visit http://twebber.com/.
SOURCE T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric