NATICK, Mass., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TwinStrata, Inc., an innovator in cloud-integrated storage solutions, today highlighted results for its fiscal year ended December 31, 2012. The year was punctuated by a series of corporate and product milestones.
TwinStrata ended the year with substantial growth across all measures of its business:
- Throughout 2012, TwinStrata experienced sequential bookings growth of 35 percent or more quarter over quarter.
- Fourth quarter 2012 bookings were more than four times the amount of the same quarter in 2011.
- By year end 2012, TwinStrata achieved 260% growth in unique, paid customers.
- With more than 350 active installations, TwinStrata's CloudArray® product manages more than three petabytes of capacity in the cloud.
- On a recent survey asking respondents to rank TwinStrata on product quality, customer support and buying process, at least 96 percent of customers ranked TwinStrata as "Excellent" or "Good" across all three categories.
- In a report released by Info-Tech Research Group, TwinStrata was given the Best Overall Value award for "coupling its impressive product with an appealing price." TwinStrata CloudArray was also the only product in the report given an overall score of "exemplary."
In addition to the corporate milestones, 2012 represented a substantial leap forward from a technology and solution perspective:
- Added native support for both network attached storage (NAS) and storage area network (SAN) protocols.
- Delivered ability to deploy CloudArray in multiple cloud compute environments.
- Doubled the number of supported cloud service providers, bringing total to more than 20.
- Unveiled line of fully integrated high-availability appliances with hybrid SSD options available.
- Introduced all-inclusive, subscription-based pricing model that bundles cost of appliance with cost of cloud storage to complement "bring your own cloud" (perpetual license) model. Subscriptions available in conjunction with Google, HP and Nirvanix.
Christopher Butler, CIO, St. John's Preparatory School, said:
- "In less than six months of using TwinStrata to integrate cloud into our storage strategy, we've significantly reduced overall maintenance and quickly implemented a more comprehensive offsite data protection and disaster recovery plan."
In a recent report (available at: http://www.twinstrata.com/ESGv4), Enterprise Strategy Group Senior Analyst Mark Peters wrote:
- "TwinStrata is...removing obstacles and objections that the IT managers of 'serious' applications might hitherto have maintained against the use of cloud storage."
Nicos Vekiarides, CEO of TwinStrata, said:
- "We remain committed to enabling our customers to address the costly, time-consuming and persistent challenges of traditional storage infrastructure through seamless integration with the cloud. Our tremendous growth this year validates not only the TwinStrata value proposition, but also the increasing traction of cloud storage as a whole."
- Register for our January 31 webinar where we'll highlight some of the results and showcase how our customers are putting cloud storage into action:
- To try TwinStrata CloudArray for free, visit www.twinstrata.com/free-trial
- Follow TwinStrata at http://twitter.com/TwinStrata and http://facebook.com/TwinStrata
About TwinStrata, Inc.
TwinStrata delivers cloud-integrated storage solutions that seamlessly combine the flexibility of cloud-based technologies with the robustness of traditional storage. As a result, customers benefit from significant reductions in IT costs, time and administrative requirements. Customers of all sizes use TwinStrata to capitalize on the cloud's scalability and economy advantages without sacrificing the security, performance and peace of mind of local storage. More information is available at twinstrata.com.
SOURCE TwinStrata, Inc.