DUBLIN, May 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Drafting International Commercial Agreements in English" conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Most international agreements are drafted in the English language irrespective of the nationality of contracting parties. Language errors in the text and unclear and inconcise phrasing causes confusion and can ultimately lead to a dispute if it goes unnoticed. Gain a comprehensive understanding of the common pitfalls, key areas of risk and up-to-date drafting techniques in English to ensure you protect your organisation against unnecessary risk.
What are the objectives of this programme?
- Learn how to recognise drafting inaccuracies to effectively re-draft poorly written clauses
- Draft effective standard clauses that can be used across the organisation to manage exposure to legal risk
- Understand the principles of using plain English within your contract to reduce uncertainty
- Focus on agreement structure, linguistic clarity and accuracy to draft with confidence
- Discover how to avoid over complex sentences and structures to limit the risk of dispute
- Develop more effective legal writing skills that can be used in all your business communications.
- Drafting contracts in clear English
- Structure and terminology of contracts
- PRACTICAL EXERCISE: DRAFTING STANDARD CLAUSES IN ENGLISH
- PRACTICAL EXERCISE: LEGAL VOCABULARY
- During this session participants will work through exercises both individually and in groups to develop their knowledge of legal vocabulary.
- Email and letter writing with precision and clarity
- PRACTICAL EXERCISE
- The participants will apply the principles above by re-drafting a badly written piece of legal correspondence.
- Principles of proof reading legal documents
- Contract drafting
- Legal vocabulary
- Delegate contributions
- Advanced drafting skills
- Legal advice
- Exercises on the use of prepositions and countable nouns in a legal context.
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x65n25/two_day_drafting?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets