Reduce your exposure to risk and liability in your contracts in two essential days
Now is not the time for weaknesses in your commercial contracts when risk and liability have to be kept to a minimum. During the negotiation of international commercial agreements, the exact exposure in relation to damages is often not properly identified, anticipated or understood. Frequently, the parties are:
- Unaware of the true nature of the law of damages in the chosen governing law of the contract
- Unaware of the fundamental differences of approach in the Common Law and Civil Law systems
- Unaware that their attempts at limiting or excluding their liability may be ineffective
This specialist two-day seminar has been expressly developed to focus exclusively on this subject. The seminar offers a wide-ranging and detailed understanding of the law of damages under English law with comparisons to Civil Law jurisdictions. Presented by international specialists in the field, the seminar shall enable participants to effectively draft and negotiate contracts with knowledge and confidence.
As a result of attending you will be able to:
- Identify the potential risks presented by international commercial agreements
- Understand what is recoverable and why
- Be able to effectively address the exclusions and limitations of liability
- Familiarise yourself with the remedies available, and the most advantageous situation and context in which to tactically apply them
- Master the impact of time limits, Force Majeure and the burden of proof
- Grasp the quantum of damages under Common and Civil Law
Comparative workshop sessions
A special feature of this programme is the comparative workshops sessions led by internationally qualified facilitators where specific clauses will be examined through their different interpretations in varied jurisdictions.
This course qualifies for the following CPD programmes: