SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Ubicom today announced the introduction of its IP8100 family of network processors. The processors are targeted towards next generation solutions for consumer, SOHO and SMB applications for both retail and service provider deployments. Ubicom will demonstrate the processors at its suite at Computex 2010.
The IP8100 processors provide best in class performance for routing, security, and advanced services. The industry's lowest cost multiprocessing solution allows line rate routing, VPN and other networking functions for fiber and other next generation networks. An upgraded memory subsystem that includes a 1066 MHz DDR3/DDR2 interface enhances performance while helping reduce system cost as DRAM pricing and availability shifts to DDR3.
A flexible set of high performance interfaces allows the IP8100 processors to enable many applications efficiently:
- Two PCI Express Gen 2 interfaces for dual band, dual concurrent and multi-stream routers
- Two USB 3.0 interfaces for network shared storage to leverage super speed external storage and other high speed USB peripherals
- Two Gigabit Ethernet for ports many applications like SOHO/SMB VPN and multi-WAN routers
- Two USB 2.0 interfaces for home monitoring, energy management and provisioned services
- SLIC interface for VoIP applications, two display controllers, a camera interface, I2C, SPI and UART for control of peripherals, I2S and S/PDIF for audio output
The Ubicom platform also offers patented features such as StreamEngine™ automatic QoS to prioritize latency sensitive traffic like streaming video and VoIP; and WISH (Wireless Intelligent Stream Handling) to optimize wireless traffic within the home.
"As consumers look for lifestyle-enhancing functionality, OEMs and service providers want to provide value-added features and services using the infrastructure to the home and to small businesses. Ubicom's IP8100 network processors enable these innovative solutions at the right cost with unprecedented performance, flexibility and high quality software," said Gangesh Ganesan, President and CEO at Ubicom.
Samples of the IP8100 processors are now available in a 289-BGA 14x14 mm package. The Ubicom solution is offered with an OpenWRT SDK that has undergone stringent testing and qualification to ensure the highest quality.
About Ubicom, Inc.
Ubicom develops networking and multimedia processor solutions that address the unique demands of networking applications and multimedia content delivery in the digital home. The company provides optimized system-level solutions to OEMs for a wide range of products including wireless routers, access points, VoIP gateways, networked DPFs, and streaming media devices. For more information, visit www.ubicom.com.
SOURCE Ubicom, Inc.