NORWALK, Conn., Oct. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- UBM Medica today announced that Musculoskeletal Network (www.MusculoskeletalNetwork.com) now features content dedicated to the latest developments in the diagnosis and management of rheumatoid arthritis and other major rheumatologic diseases.
Dramatic changes in recent years have altered the landscape of rheumatology and the quality of care provided for patients with these disorders. Rheumatologists and primary care physicians—who encounter rheumatologic diseases more than any other kind of condition in daily practice—often struggle to keep up with the latest advances. These articles provide the practical, current information they need to achieve the best outcomes.
The collection of Musculoskeletal Network articles includes:
• "Rheumatoid Arthritis: Current Diagnosis and Treatment Practices" by Kerry A. Wright, MBBS and Eric L. Matteson, MD, MPH, the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine. Because clinical outcomes are now known to improve with earlier treatment, identifying patients at high risk has become important in guiding therapy. The authors provide an overview of new classification criteria and the latest practices.
• "Combination Pharmacological Management of Fibromyalgia" by Chad S. Boomershine, MD, PhD, Vanderbilt University. A symptom-based approach has been recommended that uses several pharmacological agents to manage various symptoms.
• "Current Approaches to Pain Management for Patients With Osteoarthritis" by Richard S. Panush, MD and associates, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California. A principle- and evidence-based approach to treatment has been effective for most patients, providing comfort, reducing disability, and improving quality of life.
• "Diagnosis and Management of Gout in 2011" by N. Lawrence Edwards, MD and colleagues, University of Florida College of Medicine. Hyperuricemia and gout have increased markedly in prevalence and clinical complexity. More than ever, early and accurate diagnosis and disease management are essential.
• "Managing Systemic Sclerosis and Its Complications" by Monique Hinchcliff, MD and John Varga, MD, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University. The condition has diverse clinical manifestations and mimics, but many treatment strategies are highly effective for managing the complications.
"Musculoskeletal Network is building a comprehensive resource for specialist and generalist physicians who are dedicated to improving rheumatologic care," said Editorial Director Leo Robert. "We're excited to be adding these valuable contributions from leaders in their respective disciplines."
About UBM Medica
Addressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica, a division of UBM plc (UBM.L), delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach—online, in print, live, and via custom programs. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers, payers, and patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, websites, drug databases, data services, live events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. US websites include PsychiatricTimes.com, CancerNetwork.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, ConsultantLive.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com and SearchMedica.com. Employing more than 1,400 people with offices in 29 countries, UBM Medica is headquartered in London. For more information, visit http://www.ubmmedica.com/.
Media Contact: Amy Erdman, UBM Medica, 203-523-7041, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE UBM Medica