NEW YORK, April 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
UK HLS and Counter Terror Market Surge: 2015 –2020 CAGR 11.4%. Granulated Into 51 Submarkets
The UK is facing security problems with a far greater reach than its economic ones. ISIS terror threats are alarming and show no signs of declining.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03837923/UK-Homeland-Security-Public-Safety-Market-.html
The present UK security measures, which have been effective in the past, cannot meet the 21st century ISIS-inspired terror tactics (following 5 years of security agencies' budget and personnel cuts). A revision of the UK security infrastructure and funding is already underway.
The transformation of the UK security infrastructure and HLS budgets is best expressed in the words of David Cameron, UK Prime Minister, in the aftermath of the Brussels carnage: "They could just as well be attacks in Britain or in France or Germany, or elsewhere in Europe and we need to stand together against these appalling terrorists and make sure they can never win".
Following a 5-year CAGR of 2-3%, this UK Homeland Security Market research forecasts a 4-fold increase in the 2015-2020 market, at a CAGR of 11.3% .The two-volume (*) + one "UK Homeland Security & Public Safety Market – 2016-2022" report is the most comprehensive review of the UK HLS market available today. It provides a detailed and reasoned roadmap of this growing market.
The UK Security Market Forecast covers the Homeland Security Immigration Enforcement & Public Safety markets since, in most cases, products and services have dual or triple use applications and present the same business opportunities (e.g., biometric modalities are used for the following three sectors: counter-crime, immigration enforcement and counter terror).
The UK Homeland security market is set to undergo a major transformation from 2016-2022 through the following drivers:
- According to the British intelligence organizations (March 2016), at least 800 people from the UK have traveled to support or fight for jihadist organizations in Syria and Iraq. Approximately 400 have since returned to the UK. A further 600 British citizens have been caught trying to join ISIS.
- The 2015 Paris, and the March 2016 Brussels terrorist attacks have focused greater attention on the threats posed by international terrorists and acted as a spur for UK authorities to enhance emergency planning and response capabilities.
- UK, the 5th largest economy in the world with a 2015 GDP of approximately $2.9 trillion, can invest "whatever it takes" to protect its citizens from the looming risks of terrorism and immigration.
- While the UK has a tradition of quite effective coordination among its competing counter terror and public safety agencies, some inter-agencies coordination problems are an obstacle to harmonized efforts to carry out the country counter terror and public safety missions. This phenomenon increases the national markets due to duplication of purchased systems.
- The UK market for security & safety products is sophisticated and well served. Local defense and security companies are well entrenched in the UK security market. Even with a preference for locally manufactured products, foreign products can usually strongly compete on the basis of price and innovation. They do not encounter any direct trade barriers or quotas. Non-tariff, indirect trade barriers may be the approval process of dual use goods, which include many security market products.
This report is a resource for executives with interests in the UK Homeland security industry. It has been explicitly customized for the security industry and government decision-makers in order to identify business opportunities, developing technologies, market trends and risks, as well as to benchmark business plans.
Questions answered in this 485-page two-volume + one (*) market report include:
- What will the UK HLS market size and trends be during 2016-2022?
- Which submarkets provide attractive business opportunities?
- Who are the decision-makers?
- What drives the UK Homeland Security & Public Safety managers to purchase solutions and services?
- What are the customers looking for?
- What are the technology & services trends?
- What is the market SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)?
- What are the challenges to market penetration & growth?
With 485 Pages, 65 Tables and 151 Figures, this 2-volume + one(*) report covers 9 Vertical, 9 Technology and 3 Revenue Source Submarkets, offering for each of them 2015 data and assessments, and 2016-2022 forecasts and analyses.
* The "Global Homeland Security & Public Safety Industry – 2016 Edition" report is a free of charge Bonus for multi-reader license customers and is offered at half price to single-reader customers.
Why Buy this Report?
A. This is the only report that addresses the HLS & Public Safety dual-use markets:
76% of the UK market revenues emanate from dual-use products. For example, cybersecurity systems are used to address both cyber-crime and cyber-terror. Decision-makers forming their strategy need a complete view of this overlapping market both independently and in their intersections.
B. Market data is analyzed via 3 key perspectives:
With a highly fragmented HLS & Public Safety market we address the "money trail" – each dollar spent – via the following 3 viewpoints:
- By 9 Vertical Markets including:
1. Airport Security
2. Smart Borders, Immigration Enforcement & Border Security
3. Intelligence Agencies
4. Critical Infrastructure Protection
5. Police Modernization & Other 1st Responders
6. Public Events & Safe City
7. Building & Perimeter Security
8. CBRN Security & Safety
9. Other Vertical Markets
- By 3 Revenue Sources including:
1. Products Sales
2. Maintenance & Service, Upgrades, Refurbishment
3. Planning, Training and Consulting
- By 8 Technology Markets including:
2. Counter Terror & Crime IT
3. Communication Systems & Devices
5. Video Surveillance Technologies
6. Intrusion Detection Systems
7. Border & Perimeter Security Technologies
8. Explosives & Weapons Detection Technologies
C. Detailed market analysis frameworks for each of the market sectors, including:
1. Market drivers & inhibitors
2. Business opportunities
3. SWOT analysis
4. Competitive analysis
5. Business environment
6. The 2015-2022 market segmented by 51 submarkets
D. The UK homeland security and public safety market report includes the following 5 appendices:
1. Appendix A: UK Counter Terror & Public Safety Agencies
2. Appendix B: European Security Related Product Standards
3. Appendix C: The European Union Challenges and Outlook
4. Appendix D: The European Migration Crisis
5. Appendix E: Abbreviations
E. The UK HLS market report addresses over 90 technologies including:
1. Access Control Systems
2. Automated Border Control (ABC) Gates
3. Backscatter X-Ray Container-Vehicle Screening Systems
4. Bio-Agents & Infectious Disease Detection
6. Biosecurity and Biosafety Devices & Systems
7. Bio-Terror & Infectious Disease Early Alert System Devices & Systems
8. Boarding Gate Explosives Scanners
9. Border & Perimeter Barriers
10. C2/C4ISR Systems
11. Capacitance Sensors Fence
12. CBRN and Hazmat Personal Protective Gear
13. Cell Broadcast Mass Emergency Notification
14. Chemical Agent Detection
15. Chemical, HAZMAT & Nuclear Detection
16. Coherent Scatter 2D X-Ray Systems
17. Communication Systems & Devices
19. Decontamination of CBRN & HAZMAT Incidents
20. Desktop ETD Devices
21. Dual Energy LINAC X-Ray Container-Vehicle Screening Systems
22. Dual-View LINAC X-Ray Container-Vehicle Screening Systems
23. Dumb Fences
24. Electronic Fencing
25. Emergency Management IT Systems
26. Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Devices & Systems
28. Fiber Optic Fence
29. Gamma Ray Systems Container-Vehicle Screening Systems
30. Hand Held Metal Detectors
31. Handheld ETD Devices
32. Homeland Security & Public Safety IT Systems
33. Human Portable Radiation Detection Systems (HPRDS)
34. Hybrid Tomographic EDS & 2D X-Ray Screening
35. IED Placement Detection
36. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) IT
37. Intelligence Community Big Data IT
38. Intelligence Community Cloud Infrastructure IT
39. Intelligence Community Software as a Service (SaaS)
40. Intelligence Services IT
41. Interoperable Communication Systems
42. Intrusion Detection Systems
43. Ion Mobility Spectroscopy (IMS)
44. Liquid Explosives Detection Devices
45. Luggage, Baggage & Mail Screening Systems
46. Maritime Awareness Global Network (MAGNET)
47. Mass Emergency Notification Devices & Systems
48. Metal detection Portals
49. Multimodal Biometric Systems
50. Narcotics Trace Detection Devices
51. Natural & Manmade Disaster Early Warning systems
52. Non-Lethal Weapons(NLW)
53. Nuclear/Radiological Detection Devices & Systems
54. Other Security Technologies
55. People Screening MMWave (AIT) Portals
56. People Screening X-Ray Backscatter (AIT) Portals
57. Perimeter Security Technologies
58. Personal (Ballistic & CBRNE) Protective Gear
59. Personal Body Armor
60. Platform as a Service (PaaS)
61. Police Modernization Systems and Devices
62. Ported Coax Buried Line Fence
63. Rescue & Recovery Equipment
64. Respiratory Protective Equipment
65. Satellite Based Maritime Tracking
66. Shoe Scanners
67. Siren Systems
68. SkyBitz Global Locating System
69. Standoff Explosives & Weapon Detection Systems
70. Standoff Suicide Bombers Detection
71. Strain Sensitive Cables Fence
72. Suicide Bombers Borne IED (PBIED) Detectors
73. Suicide Bombers Detonation Neutralization
74. Taut Wire Fence
75. Text Alert Systems
76. The Advanced Spectroscopic Portals (ASP)
77. Tomographic Explosive Detection Systems (EDS)
78. Transportable X-Ray Screening Checkpoints
79. VBIED Detonation Neutralization
80. Vehicle & Container Screening Systems
81. Vehicle Borne IED (VBIED) Detectors
82. Vehicle Screening ETD Systems
83. Vibration Sensors Mounted on Fence
84. Video Analytics
85. Video Surveillance
86. Visa & Passport related IT
87. Voice Alert Systems
88. Wide Area Communications and Tracking Technology
89. X-Ray Container-Vehicle Screening Systems
90. X-ray Screening systems
F. The UK HLS market report addresses over 300 European Homeland Security and Public Safety standards (including links)
G. The UK HLS Market analysis provides the number of passengers and number of screened cabin & checked-in baggage and luggage at each of the major airports by 2016 & 2020
H. The supplementary (*) "Global Homeland Security and Public Safety Industry – 2016 Edition" report (updated by May 2016) provides the following insights and analysis of the industry including:
- The Global Industry 2016 status
- Effects of Emerging Technologies on the Industry
- The Market Trends
- Vendor – Government Relationship
- Geopolitical Outlook 2016-2022
- The Industry Business Models & Strategies
- Market Entry Challenges
- The Industry: Supply-Side & Demand-Side Analysis
- Market Entry Strategies
- Price Elasticity
- Past Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Events
I. The supplementary (*) "Global Homeland Security and Public Safety Industry – 2016 Edition" report provides updated (May 2016) and extensive information
(including company profile, recent annual revenues, key executives, homeland security and public safety products, and contact info.) on the 119 leading vendors in the industry, namely:
7. ACTi Corporation
8. ADT Security Services
9. AeroVironment Inc.
10. Agent Video Intelligence
11. Airbus Defence and Space
12. Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia Group)
14. American Science & Engineering Inc.
16. Aralia Systems
17. AT&T Inc.
18. Augusta Systems
20. Avigilon Corporation
25. BAE Systems
26. BioEnable Technologies Pvt Ltd
27. BioLink Solutions
29. Bollinger Shipyards, Inc
30. Bosch Security Systems
31. Bruker Corporation
36. China Security & Surveillance, Inc.
37. Cisco Systems
39. Cognitec Systems GmbH
40. Computer Network Limited (CNL)
41. Computer Sciences Corporation
44. DRS Technologies Inc.
46. Elbit Systems Ltd.
47. Elsag Datamat
48. Emerson Electric
52. Finmeccanica SpA
54. Fulcrum Biometrics LLC
56. General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc.
57. General Dynamics Corporation
58. Getac Technology Corporation
59. Hanwha Techwin
60. Harris Corporation
61. Hewlett Packard Enterprise
62. Hexagon AB
63. Honeywell International Inc.
64. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
67. Intel Security
68. IntuVision Inc
71. IPS Intelligent Video Analytics
72. Iris ID Systems, Inc.
73. IriTech Inc.
74. Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
76. L-3 Security & Detection Systems
77. Leidos, Inc.
78. Lockheed Martin Corporation
81. Mer group
82. Milestone Systems A/S
84. Motorola Solutions, Inc.
85. National Instruments
86. NEC Corporation
87. NICE Systems
88. Northrop Grumman Corporation
89. Nuance Communications, Inc.
91. Panasonic Corporation
95. QinetiQ Limited
96. Rapiscan Systems, Inc.
98. Rockwell Collins, Inc.
99. Safran S.A.
100. Salient Sciences
101. Schneider Electric
104. Smart China (Holdings) Limited
105. Smiths Detection Inc.
106. Sony Corp.
107. Speech Technology Center
108. Suprema Inc.
109. Synectics Plc
110. Tandu Technologies & Security Systems Ltd
111. Texas Instruments
112. Textron Inc.
113. Thales Group
114. Total Recall
115. Unisys Corporation
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03837923/UK-Homeland-Security-Public-Safety-Market-.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/uk-homeland-security--public-safety-market-2017-2022-300436288.html