NEW YORK, Jan. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- In this report Apex Insight reviews the UK parcels market encompassing the business-to-business, business-to-consumer and consumer / small business consigned segments.
- We quantify the market size, historical growth rates, segmentation patterns and levels of industry profitability while reviewing key factors behind these figures.
- Our market size estimate is derived from our bottom-up model of the revenues of all of the operators in the market with adjustments made to take into account a range of factors. This model has been regularly updated and refined since it was first developed in 2004.
We also carry out an in-depth analysis of the relevant drivers of industry growth – in particular the macroeconomic environment and home shopping – setting out historical trends and available forecasts.
Apex Insight's forecast for industry growth by segment is based on this analysis of historical trends and our understanding of growth drivers.
- For the 2014 edition of the report we have reviewed our market sizing, segmentation and forecasting methodology and made a series of changes which we believe significantly improve the reliability and accuracy of our market data.
What are the objectives of this report?
The UK parcels industry has continued to evolve dynamically with
- Continued overall volume growth
- New investment in additional and upgraded facilities
- Macro factors such as the trend growth of home shopping and the cyclical impact of the economy on volumes continuing to provide challenges and opportunities
- Ongoing refinement of operating models and launch of new service features to enable evolving customer needs to be served profitably
The report is intended for parcels carriers themselves, users of their services, partners, investors, banks, analysts, consultants and other parties with interests in the sector.
What are the sources and methodology
This report is based on
- Financial analysis of the accounts of companies in the industry
- Interviews with senior-level Apex Insight contacts in the market
- In-depth analysis of the macroeconomic environment and relevant market drivers
- Our own experience of advising both companies and investors in the parcels industry
Information from these sources has been synthesised and presented clearly and concisely with extensive use of charts and tables to illuminate points and support conclusions.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02415739-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001