NEW YORK, March 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Plus size womenswear spend per head will grow by 28.4% in the five years to 2020. However, there is £740m to be gained if plus size shopper spend was level with the womenswear average. Providing more choice, a better fit and a more comfortable shopping environment for shoppers are all factors that will help to close this gap.
- Market forecasts to 2020 and spend per head data provide insight on why you should invest in growing a plus size proposition and what the benefits are
- In-depth consumer data on shopping habits and preferences by age and region allows you to target shoppers more effectively and fill underserved gaps
- Shopping statistics and NPS scores for retailers allow for benchmarking against rivals, and detail how to improve customer satisfaction and conversion
- Market share data allows you to analyze which rivals are struggling, providing you with a competitive advantage to build a strategy to steal share
- Use obesity and population data and Verdict's consumer dress size data to ascertain who the core plus size shoppers are and how they must be targeted
Verdict's consumer survey shows that 22.3% of plus size shoppers are in the AB socioeconomic group, and 76.0% of them disagree that there is enough choice for them available at premium pricing. As disposable incomes gradually recover, shoppers will be better able to trade up, so the void of a premium plus size offer must be filled.
60.9% of plus size consumers prefer to shop a retailer's core offer rather than a specific plus size sub-brand, with only 25.2% wanting to buy into ranges such as New Look Inspire. Retailers must focus on extending size ratios within their core offers, before introducing specific plus size ranges which are showcased separately online or in stores.
While 38.0% of plus size consumers have shopped at MandS for plus size clothing over the past 12 months, and 12.3% of them buy most of their clothing from the retailer, MandS continues to lose market share to rivals such as Next and Primark which excel in offering value for money, convenient store environments and brand consistency.
Reasons To Buy
- What is the size of the market, who are the major plus size players, who is investing in size 18+ ranges and how much of a threat are they?
- Where are the gaps in the market, which consumer segments are underserved and how should I effectively target them to drive sales and market share?
- How can I encourage size 18+ women to purchase clothing more frequently and spend more? Other than more choice, what do these shoppers want?
- Which UK regions have the highest concentration of plus size shoppers and where do shoppers feel most underserved so I can target store expansion?
- What are the shopping habits of size 18+ women? Where do they prefer to shop and why and what encourages them to spend, how does this differ by age?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03599826-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001