NEW YORK, April 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The second annual Ultimate Cocktail Challenge which featured two distinctive and revolutionary competitions – Classic Challenge and Signature Challenge – was held April 5-8 in NYC and today announces the winning spirits.
Ultimate Beverage Challenge, a New York-based beverage competitions and events company, is breaking new ground with two cocktail competitions – Classic Challenge, which assesses how well spirits perform in classic cocktails and Signature Challenge, which evaluates how well entered spirits perform in the proprietary recipes supplied by the brands.
Led by F. Paul Pacult (Judging Chairman and UBC founder) and Sean Ludford (Assistant Judging Chairman) judges included world-renowned mixology superstars Jacques Bezuidenhout, Dale DeGroff, Jim Meehan, gaz regan, Julie Reiner, Steve Olson, Audrey Saunders, Marcos Tello, David Wondrich and more.
For the complete list of results for both Classic and Signature Challenges, including cocktail recipes, go to www.ultimate-beverage.com/ucc2011results. For a selection of downloadable images go to http://www.ultimate-beverage.com/ucc2011download.
CHAIRMAN'S TROPHY WINNERS
- CLASSIC COCKTAILS -
Spirits in Classic Challenge were judged on the 100-point rating system. The highest scoring spirit in each classic cocktail was awarded the Ultimate Cocktail Challenge Chairman's Trophy.
BEST GIN in a…
- Aviation - Plymouth
- Extra Dry Martini - Beefeater London Dry
- Gin & Tonic - Beefeater 24
- Negroni - No. 3 London Dry
BEST VODKA in a…
- Bloody Mary - Vesica
- Cosmopolitan - Absolut Citron
- Vodka & Tonic - Luksusowa
BEST TEQUILA in a…
- Margarita w/Cointreau - Olmeca Plata
- Paloma - Izkali Reposado
- Tequila Sunrise - 901 Silver
BEST RUM in a…
- Daiquiri - Banks 5 Island
- Mojito - Banks 5 Island
- Mai Tai - Holey Dollar Silver Coin
BEST CACHACA in a…
- Batida de Fresa - Leblon
- Caipirinha - Leblon
- Caipirinha de Uva - Leblon
BEST COGNAC/BRANDY in a…
- Brandy Julep - Remy Martin VSOP
- Sidecar - Camus VS Elegance
- Stinger - Camus VSOP Elegance
BEST SCOTCH WHISKY in a…
- Blood & Sand - Highland Park 12 Years Old Single Malt
- Rob Roy - Highland Park 12 Years Old Single Malt
- Rusty Nail - The Macallan Fine Oak 10 Years Old Single Malt
BEST AMERICAN WHISKEY in a…
- Manhattan - Bulleit Rye
- Mint Julep - Bulleit Rye
- Old-Fashioned - George Dickel #12
BEST IRISH WHISKEY in a…
- Irish Coffee - Jameson Gold Blended
- Wild Irish Rose - Michael Collins Blended
BEST ORANGE LIQUEUR in a…
- Cosmopolitan - Cointreau
- Margarita - Cointreau
- Sidecar - Cointreau
CHAIRMAN'S TROPHY WINNERS
– SIGNATURE COCKTAILS -
Spirits in Signature Challenge were judged on the 100-point scale. In recognition of the individuality of each recipe, all Signature cocktails that scored 90 points and higher were awarded the Ultimate Cocktail Challenge Chairman's Trophy. Below find the Chairman's Trophy winners and the name of the Signature cocktail recipe they provided:
- Beefeater 24 – "French 75"
- Beefeater London Dry – "French 75"
- Hendrick's – "LA Luna"
- Don Julio Anejo – "Don Julio Luxury Cider House"
- Familia Camerena Reposado – "Camarena Santa Maria"
- Blackbeard Spiced Rum – "Black Bitter & Stirred"
- Gran Duque D'Alba – "Spanish Sidecar"
- Samogon Unaged Grape Spirit – "From Russia With Love"
- Glenfiddich 12 Years Old Single Malt – "Blood and Sanguinello"
- Cointreau – "Cointreau Cup"
- Pernod Absinthe – "Green Beast"
- Noilly Prat Original – "Le Flip, C'est Chic"
- Becherovka Herbal – "Czech-Up"
- St-Germain – "The St-Germain Cocktail"
UBC's third and final Challenge for 2011 is: ULTIMATE WINE CHALLENGE, May 2-6, 2011. Go to http://www.ultimate-beverage.com/wine-contest/ for more information.
ABOUT ULTIMATE BEVERAGE CHALLENGE (www.ultimate-beverage.com)
Ultimate Beverage Challenge (UBC) provides expert evaluation of spirits, cocktails and wines for producers, importers and marketers through its three innovative annual competitions - Ultimate Spirits Challenge, Ultimate Cocktail Challenge and Ultimate Wine Challenge. UBC promotes the results from the Challenges to consumers, media and members of the trade through its Web site, email, blogs, newsletters, videos and social media. In addition, UBC hosts a gala consumer, media and trade tasting event, Ultimate Blast, in NYC on October 14, 2011, to showcase the most noteworthy spirits, cocktails and wines.
For additional information about the 2011 Challenges and to see photos, videos and press coverage go to http://www.ultimate-beverage.com/ or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-347-878-6551.
See us on Facebook – www.facebook.com/UltimateBeverageChallenge
SOURCE Ultimate Beverage Challenge