ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Unilever, the world's largest ice cream company, is introducing 16 new frozen treats in 2017 across five of its brands: Breyers®; Good Humor®; Klondike®; MAGNUM® Ice Cream; and Popsicle®. New offerings include Breyers® first-ever, non-dairy line made with almond milk; a new Simply Popsicle® line made with colors and flavors from natural sources and more options that appeal to a variety of tastes and preferences from Good Humor®, Klondike® and MAGNUM® Ice Cream. The new treats are currently available in grocery stores nationwide.
"Through our research, we know consumers' taste and preferences evolve over time," said Alfie Vivian, Vice President of Marketing for Refreshments at Unilever. "It's important to give our customers more of what they love and provide new offerings that satisfy different tastes, preferences and dietary needs. We're excited to bring joy to our fans by introducing a series of new innovations across our brands, whether that's new varieties, non-dairy options or products made with natural colors and flavors."
Popsicle® Brand Introduces Simply Popsicle® Ice Pops
Popsicle® – the original summertime treat – has been iconic to kids and parents alike since 1905. This summer, the brand introduces Simply Popsicle®, an ice pop made with real cane sugar and with flavors and colors from natural sources. The new line contains no high-fructose corn syrup and has 40 calories per pop. These varieties are sure to appeal to the whole family and come in four simply refreshing packs:
- Simply Popsicle® Strawberry-Banana and Mango pairs icy-cold tropical Mango flavored pops and smoothie-licious Strawberry-Banana flavored pops together for a sweet, summer duo.
- Simply Popsicle® Berry and Pineapple offers juicy Berry and tangy Pineapple flavored pops for a refreshing summertime treat.
- Simply Popsicle® Orange, Cherry or Grape features the classic fruit flavors consumers know and love, made with real cane sugar and natural flavors.
- Simply Popsicle® Strawberry and Raspberry couples fruity Strawberry flavored pops and frosty Raspberry flavored pops in one delicious box.
Consumers can also find new Popsicle® pops in some of their favorite movie characters and flavors. Just look for the signature yellow box, now available in more than 20 unique flavors. This year, new varieties include:
- Popsicle® Star Wars™ Ice Pops are inspired by the iconic lightsabers in the Star Wars™ films, and come in three delicious fruit flavors: First Order Cherry, Blue Raspberry Resistance and Galactic Watermelon.
- Popsicle® Despicable Me Minions™ Ice Pops are inspired by Minions™ characters and come in two delicious flavors, Compai Blue Raspberry and Bello Yellow Lemonade.
- Popsicle® Sours are refreshing ice pops with bold, sour flavors and bright colors.
- Popsicle® Banana and Lemon-Lime are ice pops with new, fun Banana and Lemon-Lime flavors.
Breyers® Expands to Include Non-Dairy Options; Non-GMO Sourced Ingredients in Six Flavors and New Varieties
Breyers® always starts with high quality ingredients. Its pledge to quality has made the brand a family favorite since 1866. This summer, Breyers is introducing its first-ever Non-Dairy line, available in two delicious flavors:
- Breyers® Non-Dairy Vanilla Peanut Butter, made with almond milk, offers real vanilla and luscious peanut butter to give a Breyers® moment that's completely non-dairy. Plus, it's made with non-GMO sourced ingredients.
- Breyers® Non-Dairy Oreo® Cookies & Cream, featuring a family favorite combination of Oreo® cookies and Breyers® vanilla, is now completely non-dairy! Satisfy your cookie craving with a creamy vanilla almond milk dessert filled with delicious Oreo® cookies.
Breyers® also is proud to announce that six of America's favorite flavors are now made with non-GMO sourced ingredients, including: Breyers® Natural Vanilla; Breyers® Chocolate; Breyers® Vanilla, Chocolate; Breyers® Natural Strawberry; Breyers® Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry; and Breyers® Mint Chocolate Chip.
In addition, Breyers® is unveiling three new flavors to its Original line with more than 30 varieties to choose from:
- Breyers® Chocolate Mint is a rich dark chocolate ice cream experience with chocolate chips swirled perfectly with mint ice cream. Its crisp, real mint extract is the perfect complement to intense, bold chocolate.
- Breyers® Cinnamon Swirl couples real cinnamon sugar and Breyers® signature vanilla together for a delicious pairing of flavors.
- Breyers® Butterscotch Blondie features sweet blondie pieces scattered throughout subtle vanilla ice cream to bring out the brown sugar and buttery flavors of butterscotch. It's a butterscotch lover's dream!
Breyers Gelato Indulgences™ Adds a New Trio of Indulgent Flavors
Breyers Gelato Indulgences™ launched in 2014 with its trio of textures: creamy gelato, luscious sauce and gourmet toppings. This summer, Breyers Gelato Indulgences™ is introducing three new indulgent flavors:
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences™ Cookie Dough is a combination of sweet cream gelato paired with a rich fudge swirl and gourmet chocolate chip cookie dough pieces.
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences™ Pistachio Biscotti features pistachio-flavored gelato with a rich pistachio swirl and gourmet biscotti crumble for a pistachio lover's dream come true!
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences™ Cinnamon Roll blends creamy vanilla-cinnamon gelato with indulgent cinnamon sugar and a gourmet baked cinnamon topping.
Good Humor® Brings Oreo® Cones to More Consumers
Good Humor® has been reimagining America's favorite candies and desserts as delicious frozen treats for more than 95 years. Whether on sticks, as sandwiches or on cones, the brand features a variety of frozen treats that everyone in the family will love. And this year, Good Humor® has partnered with America's #1 cookie to bring an exciting new variety from the ice cream truck to the grocery store:
- Good Humor®Oreo® Cone is a crispy chocolatey cone filled with sweet vanilla frozen dessert, blended and topped with Oreo® pieces, now available in a pack of four.
Klondike® Adds to the Variety with New Stick-less Bar
Famous for the original Klondike® bar and varieties like the Choco Taco, Klondike® is expanding its line of classic, stick-less bars to include 14 varieties of loaded ice cream in a chocolatey shell with the launch of a new bar.
- Klondike® Brownie Fudge Swirl Bar features gooey, fudgy swirls churned through rich chocolate ice cream covered in thick milk-chocolatey perfection.
MAGNUM® Ice Cream Expands Doubles Offerings to Include Two New Varieties
Following the launch of two successful varieties in 2016, MAGNUM® Ice Cream – the only ice cream bar in the U.S. made with Belgian Chocolate – is expanding its MAGNUM® Doubles ice cream line with yet again two new varieties. Featuring two layers of decadent chocolate around a layer of sauce, these new varieties are a perfect addition to the lineup.
- MAGNUM® Double Cookies & Cream is made with cookies and cream ice cream, chocolate cookie sauce, and a crackling coating made with rich, Belgian chocolate and more cookie pieces.
- MAGNUM® Double Chocolate Hazelnut is the perfect balance of chocolate hazelnut ice cream, decadent hazelnut sauce, and a crackling coating made with Belgian chocolate.
Pricing and images for new varieties from Breyers®, Good Humor®, Klondike®, MAGNUM® Ice Cream and Popsicle® pops are available upon request.
Star Wars: TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Despicable Me Minions™ - Licensed by Universal Studios
About Unilever United States, Inc.
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of Food, Home Care, Personal Care and Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2.5 billion consumers a day. In the United States and Canada, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry's, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Country Crock, Degree, Dove, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann's, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond's, Popsicle®, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, TIGI, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Unilever employs more than 9,000 people across North America – generating more than $10 billion in sales in 2016.
The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan commits to:
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being by 2020.
- Halving the environmental impact of our products by 2030.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever ranked number one in its sector on the 2016 Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
For more information on Unilever U.S. and its brands visit: www.unileverusa.com
For more information on Unilever Canada and its brands visit: www.unilever.ca
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Facebook visit: www.facebook.com/unileverusa
To connect with Unilever U.S. via Twitter follow: @unileverusa
To connect with Unilever Canada via Twitter follow: @unilever_Canada