SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- UniPixel, Inc. (NASDAQ: UNXL), a provider of advanced touch solutions to the touchscreen and flexible electronics markets, provided an update on a number of projects in which it is collaborating with major PC and automotive manufacturers for new devices featuring UniPixel products that could hit the market in 2016 and beyond.
Jeff Hawthorne, president and CEO of UniPixel, commented, "I thought it important to update our investors on the progress of a number of projects. We continue to make substantial progress in introducing our highly differentiated products to major PC manufacturers and now automotive ODMs ("original design manufacturers") in the U.S. and in Asia. They, in turn, continue to show great interest in considering our products for their future product offerings.
Program A: 11.6-inch specialized tablet – US OEM ("original equipment manufacturers")
- Announced during the Q2 2015 conference call.
- UNXL has delivered initial testing samples, engineering samples, and pre-production qualification units.
- Production qualification testing was done improperly through no fault of UniPixel. Testing has been rescheduled within Q1 2016 and UniPixel is awaiting results.
Program B: 13.3-inch high-end tablet for – US OEM
- Announced in Q2 2015 via press release.
- Delivered requested initial testing samples.
- Program has been cancelled by the OEM and has been replaced by a new 13.3-inch program scheduled for production release in Q4 2016. UniPixel is engaged with the customer and is preparing to deliver production validation units for the new program.
Program C: 10-inch tablet – Japanese OEM
- Announced in Q3 2015 via press release.
- Engineering sample delivered in Q3 2015.
- Pre-production order received; announced via press release.
- Samples delivered in Q4 2015.
- Production order received and production shipment began in Q4 2015.
Program D: 13.3-inch Notebook – Asian OEM
- Engineering sample delivery in Q3 2015 – press release.
- Working on touch module integration development with new major module integrator.
- OEM is not moving forward with this program, but the production validation units are still being used to pass production qualification with a major touch module integrator.
- Successful qualification with the touch module integrator will allow UniPixel to leverage the module integrator's sales and marketing reach to multiple OEMs and positions UniPixel to be considered for a wide range of RFQs ("request for quotes") it might not otherwise have access to.
Program E: 15.6-inch Point of sale terminal – US OEM
- Received NRE ("non-recurring engineering") order for engineering sample development in Q3 2015.
- Production validation units delivered in Q1 2016 for testing and qualification.
- Volume production expected in Q2 2016 pending successful testing and qualification by the customer.
Program F: First ever automotive RFQ – US Automotive ODM
- Request for quote for two sensors for automobile cockpit instrumentation.
- U.S. automotive ODM is multi-billion dollar, leading global supplier of vehicle cockpit electronic products.
- ODM did not win the original bid, but has issued a new RFQ for a different automotive program to UniPixel to which the company has responded.
Program G: Advanced convertible notebook – US OEM
- Responded to RFQ and was awarded program for new convertible notebook that will focus on outstanding stylus performance.
- UniPixel working closely with OEM and Module Integrator to deliver production validation units in Q2 2016.
- Volume production expected in Q4 2016.
Mr. Hawthorne concluded, "While this list of opportunities is not our full pipeline of RFQs and prospective customer engagements, it is representative of some of the potential near-term revenue we are targeting. And, of course, any of these OEM's product programs might be modified, expanded or canceled by the OEM as they see fit."
About UniPixel UniPixel, Inc. (NASDAQ: UNXL) develops and markets Performance Engineered Films for the touch screen and flexible electronics markets. The company's roll-to-roll electronics manufacturing process patterns fine line conductive elements on thin films. The company markets its technologies for touch panel sensor, cover glass replacement, and protective cover film applications under the XTouch™ and Diamond Guard™ brands. For further information, visit www.unipixel.com.
Forward-looking Statements All statements in this news release that are not based on historical fact are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and the provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended including the statement that UniPixel's integrated technologies are expected to provide enhanced yields at a lower cost, thereby expanding UniPixel's competitiveness in the touch screen market. While management has based any forward-looking statements contained herein on its current expectations, the information on which such expectations were based may change. These forward-looking statements rely on a number of assumptions concerning future events and are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties, and other factors, many of which are outside of the Company's control, which could cause actual results to materially differ from such statements. Such risks, uncertainties, and other factors include, but are not necessarily limited to, those set forth under Item 1A "Risk Factors" in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014. UniPixel operates in a highly competitive and rapidly changing environment, thus new or unforeseen risks may arise. Accordingly, investors should not place any reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. The Company disclaims any intention to, and undertakes no obligation to, update or revise any forward-looking statements. Readers are also urged to carefully review and consider the other various disclosures in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and Current Reports on Form 8-K.
Trademarks in this release are the property of their respective owners
Contact: Joe Diaz, Robert Blum, Joe Dorame Lytham Partners, LLC 602-889-9700 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE UniPixel, Inc.