FAIRFIELD, N.J., March 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- RideShare Displays, Inc. is a new company that has developed a patent-pending ride share identification system. The system is a breakthrough in vehicle identification, passenger safety, pickup process efficiency and driver security.
This New Technology allows passengers to quickly locate and identify the correct ride share vehicle. The system consists of a proprietary receiver, sensors and processors embedded in a hi-brightness electronic display located in the windshield area of the ride share vehicle, facing the outside. The system displays a unique identifier (i.e. RX7) sent by the ride share company for each trip. The same identifier appears on both the display and on the passenger's mobile device. The device turns on automatically and then off when the passenger is in the vehicle.
Assisting the Visually Impaired. The device also incorporates a hi-tech passenger detection system which transmits an audible, variable frequency, locator beacon to the passenger's mobile device aiding the visually impaired by providing the ability to home-in on the waiting ride share car.
Added Driver Security. The device also provides an added measure of driver security. If there is a need to summon help, a hidden wireless button, activated by the driver, immediately forces a flashing emergency message.
"This technology takes the guesswork out of drivers and passengers connecting and provides a safe, seamless experience for both. Passengers will no longer get into the wrong car, or worse, be lured by predatory drivers with ride share signs, companies will be able to attain a reputation for ease of pick-up, total security and provide assistance to the visually impaired when using their services," says Steve Rose, Founder and CEO. RideShare Displays, Inc. sees the future with this technology. It is widely reported that ride share companies and others are experimenting with self-driving/autonomous cars as well as ride pooling, which will have a huge impact in the ride share world increasing the need for RideShare Displays inventive solution. The product developed by RideShare Displays Inc. solves current problems and also provides seamless identification of driverless vehicles as well as real-time message capability for ride pooling
The Rideshare Market – The ride share market has experienced exponential growth since its inception in 2010. Revenues are now over $3.2 billion and estimated to increase at 15.4 % per annum. Over 3.5 million vehicles participate worldwide in the industry. The largest ride share company, Uber, has in excess of 1.2 million automobiles in the U.S. alone and 414 cities worldwide. Additional ride share companies continue to enter the market, i.e. Alphabet/Google and Juno among others. It is estimated the number of ride share vehicles doubles every six months.
The Challenge - This extraordinary growth has led to serious problems for these companies and its customers as well as the owners/operators of ride share vehicles. There has been an increase of reported misidentifications between passenger and vehicle, missed transactions, inconveniences, embarrassment and incorrect charges. However, more importantly serious criminal activities associated with vehicle misidentification are on the rise as well.
The Identification Problem
- Because ride share drivers utilize their own personal vehicle, it is often difficult for passengers to distinguish one ride share vehicle from another.
- Likewise, drivers very often are unable to identify passengers at pickup locations.
- This problem increases exponentially as the size of the venue, the event, or the density increases.
- Ride share vehicles do not have unique identification for the dispatched vehicle. License plates are only a partial solution since some states do not have front plates and crowding frequently obscures the license plates.
- Finally, out of necessity, drivers occasionally use vehicles not registered in the ride share database, resulting in wrong information being sent to the passenger.
These weaknesses in Ride-Sharing customer identification and contact technology have generated significant media coverage.
- Woman, 22, Raped After Getting Into Car She Thought Was Lyft Driver – Chelsea Patch
- DC Police: Man Posing As Uber Driver Sought For Assault – USA Today
- Police Warn Of Robbers Posing As Uber Drivers – CBS Chicago
- People Keep Getting Into Stranger's Cars Because They Think It's An Uber – USA Today
- Don't Be That Guy Who Orders an Uber and Hops in the Wrong Car – Mashable.com
- Uber and Lyft Drivers Work Dangerous Jobs- But They're On Their Own - Wired
About RideShare Displays Inc. - RideShare Displays Inc. provides state-of-the-art technology to enhance the ride share experience. The company's technology addresses the needs of the passenger and driver as well as future needs arising with driverless/autonomous vehicles. RideShare Displays is currently seeking investors to further develop this new technology that addresses many of the challenges passengers face today locating and identifying the correct ride share vehicle. www.RideShareDisplays.com
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/unique-technology-breaks-new-ground-in-locating--identifying-the-correct-ride-share-vehicle-while-dramatically-improving-passengerdriver-safety--the-pickup-process-300431779.html
SOURCE RideShare Displays, Inc.