NORCROSS, Ga., April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisource Worldwide, Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in North America and a global provider of customer solutions, announces the five winners of the fourth annual Environmental Innovation Awards. Unisource and Unisource's respect™ Printers' Program, in partnership with WhatTheyThink – the leading news and information site for the graphic communications industry – will honor the victors at a dinner ceremony to be held May 17, in Atlanta, GA.
The winners of the five 2012 Environmental Innovation Awards are:
- EarthColor, Inc., Parsippany, NJ, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Community award, which recognizes a company that is involved in an environmentally-progressive community program.
- Sandy Alexander, Inc., Clifton, NJ, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Plant award, which recognizes a company that is "walking the talk" in their own plant.
- DST Output, El Dorado Hills, CA, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Processes award, which recognizes a company that is implementing environmentally-sensitive processes.
- Premier Press, Portland, OR, for the Beyond Environmental Sustainability award, which recognizes a leading-edge solution or initiative involving unique creativity.
- TC Transcontinental Inc., St-Laurent, Quebec, for the Thought Leader award, which recognizes a company that best represents the "new green graphic arts company."
"As environmental awareness in the marketplace continues to evolve, the sustainable innovation of these organizations is becoming an increasingly important driver of both competitiveness and profitability," said Al Dragone, CEO of Unisource Worldwide. "We are proud to spearhead the Environmental Innovation Awards program which is designed to recognize companies in the graphic arts industry that are implementing state-of-the-art and innovative environmental solutions," he said.
Sponsors of this year's awards include Boise Inc., Burgo Group, Domtar Paper Company, MeadWestVaco, Neenah Paper and NewPage Corporation. A seminar, called the Print Advocacy & Beyond Seminar, will be held prior to the dinner and include presentations by Gary Jones, Director, Environmental, Health & Safety Affairs of Printing Industries of America / Graphic Art Technical Foundation (PIA/GATF); Drew Tremblay, Sustainable Business Advisor of Domtar; Andrew Gustyn, Director for Corporate Sustainability at Unisource; Randy Davidson, CEO at WhatTheyThink and Ed Farley, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications for Unisource.
A representative from each of the five winning companies will be honored at the dinner ceremony. The awards ceremony will include recognition of the distinguished winners and the opportunity to share experiences with others about how their company is integrating sustainability.
About Unisource Worldwide, Inc.
Unisource Worldwide, Inc., headquartered in Norcross, Ga., is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States and offers a comprehensive suite of customer solutions – including engineered design capabilities, eBusiness technologies, logistics expertise, paper brokerage services, and environmentally responsible options. The company also markets a full line of commercial printing and business imaging papers, packaging materials and systems, and facility supplies and equipment. With more than 4,000 Team Members located worldwide throughout business units in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia; and a fleet of "Big Red" trucks based at approximately 90 locations across North America, Unisource is the company that provides Customer Solutions in a Global Market. Unisource can be found online at www.unisourceworldwide.com.
SOURCE Unisource Worldwide, Inc.