CHICAGO, June 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines and Continental Airlines, wholly owned subsidiaries of United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UAL), today inaugurate service on several new nonstop domestic and international routes as the company continues to optimize the combined networks of the two carriers.
"These new flights from our New York and West Coast hubs continue to build on our complementary route networks to provide unmatched global flight options for travelers," said Jim Compton, United's executive vice president and chief revenue officer. "With our extensive worldwide network combined with our superior products and services, the new United offers an unbeatable value to customers."
- Los Angeles - Hilo, Hawaii - - daily service operated by Continental Airlines.
- San Francisco - Hilo, Hawaii - - weekly service operated by Continental Airlines beginning June 11.
The new Hawaii flights offer the only nonstop service between the mainland U.S. and Hilo.
- San Francisco - Guadalajara, Mexico - - daily service operated by Continental Airlines.
- San Francisco - Idaho Falls, Idaho - - daily United Express service operated by SkyWest Airlines.
- New York/Newark Liberty - Port-au-Prince, Haiti - - three-times-weekly service operated by Continental Airlines. Daily service effective July 1.
- New York/Newark Liberty - Stuttgart, Germany - - daily service operated by Continental Airlines.
Schedules are subject to change. More information is available at united.com and continental.com.
About United Continental Holdings, Inc.
United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UAL) is the holding company for both United Airlines and Continental Airlines. Together with United Express, Continental Express and Continental Connection, these airlines operate an average of 5,820 flights a day to 373 airports on six continents from their hubs in Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Guam, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/Newark Liberty, San Francisco, Tokyo and Washington, D.C. United and Continental are members of Star Alliance, which offers 21,000 daily flights to 1,160 airports in 181 countries.
United and Continental's more than 80,000 employees reside in every U.S. state and in many countries around the world. For more information about United Continental Holdings, Inc., go to UnitedContinentalHoldings.com. For more information about the airlines, see united.com and continental.com or follow on Twitter and Facebook.
SOURCE United Continental Holdings, Inc.