DUBLIN, Sept. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/thc8ss/cobranded_and) has announced the addition of the "Co-Branded and Affinity Cards in the U.S., 5th Edition" report to their offering.
In 2014, co-branded credit cards generated $809 billion in U.S. purchase value: Visa leads network operators with a 47% share, followed by MasterCard (30%) and American Express (23%). Competition is intense, as a growing bevy of players chase a finite universe of affluent prospects with more rewards and broader, deeper card features and benefits. But co-branded cards can be further leveraged to draw more Millennials into the cardand broader bankingmix, bringing smiles to card partners and issuers alike. And at a time when the concept of brand loyalty is on the ropes, well-positioned issuers can leverage merchants' need for sophisticated loyalty marketing strategies.
Co-Branded and Affinity Cards in the U.S., 5th Edition provides a wealth of insight on trends shaping this increasingly competitive industry, helping market participants plan their co-branded relationships and strategies.
More specifically, the report:
- Provides a market size for U.S. general purpose credit cards and co-branded credit cards, as well as market factor analysis and card program counts by operating network, issuer, and partnership segment.
- Conducts an airline guest, frequent flyer and hotel guest analysis, targeting affluent guest stays.
- Assesses co-branding card growth strategies being employed by American Express, MasterCard and Visa.
- Assesses co-brand/affinity card growth strategies employed by Alliance Data Systems, Bank of America, Barclays, Capital One, Citibank, JPMorgan Chase, Synchrony Financial Services, U.S. Bank and Wells Fargo.
- Provides case studies of credit card programs spanning several partnerships segments: Amazon, General Motors, Hilton, Ralphs, Ritz-Carlton, Sam's Club, Southwest Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Walmart and Wyndhamto gauge program differentiation and related features and benefits; rewards and loyalty program structure; and online/mobile positioning (demographic analysis of these companies and branded is included).
- Trends credit card usage over time by card association, focusing in HH income trends via eight-segment HH income demographic analysis. General trends are tracked back to 2006; association-based trends are tracked back to 2011. Cards in wallet trends and usage frequency trends are included.
- Trends rewards/affiliation credit card usage over time by card association and demographic, and analyzes current co-branded/affinity card usage and active usage by card association and demographic. We also gauge usage of 15 types of co-branded/affinity cards.
- Assesses the importance co-branded credit card users give to a range of features and benefits when signing up for their last co-branded credit card. The section analyzes the importance cardholders attribute to a range of 15 card features & benefits, as well as five additional follow-up card feature and benefit categories (extra points/rewards, card reward program, discounts, special perks and services, and travel benefits).
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Executive Summary
Chapter 2: Market Size and Forecast
Chapter 3: Airline Guest, Frequent Flyer, and Hotel Guest Analysis
Chapter 4: Co-Branded Credit Card Case Studies
Chapter 5: Card Association Co-branded Strategies
Chapter 6: Co-branded and Affinity Credit Card Issuer Strategies
Chapter 7: General-Purpose Credit Card Consumer Usage Trends
Chapter 8: Co-branded and Affinity Credit Card Consumer Usage Trends
Chapter 9: Co-Brand/Affinity Credit Card Application Influencers
- Alliance Data Systems
- American Airlines
- American Express
- Barclays Bank
- Best Buy
- Carnival World
- Citibank North American
- J.P. Morgan Chase
- Ralphs r
- Sam's Club
- Southwest Airlines
- U.S. Bank
- Virgin Atlantic
- Wells Fargo
- Wyndham Rewards
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/thc8ss/cobranded_and
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets