NEW YORK, May 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Increasing need for ISR, water quality monitoring and data mapping is a major factor for increasing procurement of Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV), globally"
The global unmanned surface vehicle market is expected to grow from an estimated USD 437.57 million in 2016 to USD 861.37 million by 2021, at a CAGR of 14.51% from 2016 to 2021. The market for USV is driven by critical factors, such as increasing need for ocean data and mapping, maritime security and asymmetric threats.
"Defense segment to witness higher growth during the forecast period in unmanned surface vehicle market"
The key applications considered for the market study are commercial and defense. Defense segment market is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, than other applications. USVs are used for several defense applications, such as mine counter measures, anti-submarine, and maritime security, among others. Unmanned underwater vehicles are also available for performing such applications. However there are several advantages of USVs over UUVs as unmanned underwater vehicles have limited endurance, power, payload capacity and cannot withstand in destructive war, along with incapability to send exact data due to water disturbance.
"North America dominates; Europe to grow at the highest rate"
The North American region dominates the global unmanned surface vehicle market in 2016, and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. The U.S. is considered to be the largest developer, operator, and exporter of USV, globally, thereby resulting in the large share of the North American region in the global unmanned surface vehicle market.
The market in Europe is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This rapid growth can be attributed to the fact that increasing demand from scientific research and survey industries. In European region maritime threats are continuously increasing which are affecting the transportation of goods and energy. Due to such situation the demand for the USVs is increasing in maritime security area.
"Break-up of profile of primary participants for the Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Market"
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 35 %, Tier 45 – 20% and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation – C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
- By Region – North America - 45%, Europe – 30%, APAC – 200%, RoW – 5%
The major companies profiled in the report include Autonomous Surface Vehicle Limited (U.K.), Textron Inc. (U.S.), ECA Group (France), Israel Aerospace Industries (Israel), Elbit Systems (Israel), among others.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends, and PEST analysis), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the USV market; high-growth regions and countries and their respective regulatory policies; government initiatives; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on USV offered by the top 10 players in the global USV market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the USV market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets - the report analyses the markets for USV across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global USV market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global USV market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03816726-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/unmanned-surface-vehicle-market-by-application-size-propulsion-system-modes-of-operation-payload--geography---global-forecast-to-2021-300269401.html