MAPLE GROVE, Minn., Feb. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc. (Upsher-Smith) and the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (NASPA) are proud to recognize 43 pharmacists from across the nation with a 2016 NASPA Excellence in Innovation Award. These pharmacists were recognized during 2016 for their outstanding contributions to the profession of pharmacy. The award is presented annually to pharmacists in each participating state by NASPA and sponsored by Upsher-Smith.
NASPA, founded in 1927 as the National Council of State Pharmacy Association Executives, is dedicated to enhancing the success of state pharmacy associations in their efforts to advance the profession of pharmacy.
"Upsher-Smith is proud to continue our tradition of sponsoring the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations' Excellence in Innovation Award that recognizes the critical role played by pharmacists in advancing patient care," said Rusty Field, President, Upsher-Smith Laboratories. "We are pleased to honor these leaders and innovators for their efforts in the pharmacy profession across the country, and we look forward to a future working together to continue to help improve the lives of the people we serve."
State honorees received their award from participating state pharmacist associations during separate award ceremonies during 2016. The recipients include:
- Alabama: Valerie Albritton Oakley, PharmD
- Alaska: Christopher Chong, PharmD
- Arizona: Rebekah M. Jackowski, PharmD
- Arkansas: Nikki Scott, PharmD
- California: John Sykora, BS, MBA
- Colorado: Meghan N. Jeffres, PharmD
- Connecticut: Jennifer Dizney, PharmD
- Delaware: Hooshang Shanehsaz, RPh
- Florida: David Kazarian, RPh
- Georgia: Andrea L. McKeever, PharmD
- Illinois: Mike Minesinger, RPh
- Indiana: Traci Fritschle, PharmD
- Iowa: Christine Donner-Tiernan, PharmD
- Kansas: Brett Kappelmann, PharmD
- Kentucky: Christopher P. Harlow, PharmD
- Louisiana: Melissa A. Magee, RPh
- Maine: Bob Cattan, RPh
- Maryland: Yen Dang, PharmD
- Massachusetts: Paul Riendeau, PharmD
- Michigan: Detroit Medical Center Pharmacy Team
- Minnesota: CentraCare Health – Paynesville Pharmacy Services
- Mississippi: Kristi Phelps, RPh
- Missouri: Alicia B. Forinash, PharmD
- Montana: Carla J. Reicks, PharmD
- Montana: Ty Tyvand, PharmD
- New Hampshire: Margaret E. Hayes, RPh
- New Jersey: Loretta Brickman, RPh
- New Mexico: Allen Plymale, PharmD, RPh
- New York: Ron Del Gaudio, RPh
- North Carolina: Courtenay Gilmore Wilson, PharmD
- North Dakota: Jesse D. Rue, PharmD
- Ohio: Douglas C. Cornelius, RPh
- Oklahoma: Kyle Keith Whitehead, DPh
- Oregon: Juancho Ramirez, PharmD
- Pennsylvania: Holly Lassila, DrPH, MSEd, MPH, RPh
- Puerto Rico: Lilliana Ortiz-Acevedo, PharmD
- Rhode Island: Robert J. Iacobucci, RPh
- South Carolina: Tiffaney Threatt, BSPharm, PharmD
- Tennessee: Joe H. Delk, PharmD
- Washington: Joshua Akers, PharmD
- Washington, DC: Emmanuel O. Akala, PhD, RPh
- Wisconsin: Philip W. Brummond, PharmD
- Wyoming: Carol J. Hermansen-Kobulnicky, PhD, RPh
"We thank Upsher-Smith for its ongoing generosity in supporting the NASPA Excellence in Innovation Award," said Rebecca Snead, Executive Vice President of NASPA. "This year's awardees have met the highest standards of professional integrity and innovation, and we are proud to honor their outstanding contributions to the profession and to America's patients."
Pat Epple, CEO of the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association added, "In our rapidly changing healthcare system, pharmacists are increasingly on the front lines of patient care. These awards recognize pharmacists who have made significant innovations in their pharmaceutical practices, methods, or services that improved patient care and advanced the profession. We congratulate Holly Lassila and all of the 2016 recipients."
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc., founded in 1919, is a growing, fully integrated pharmaceutical company dedicated to its mission of delivering high-value, high-quality therapies and solutions which measurably improve individuals' lives. As a family-owned pharmaceutical company, we are able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic healthcare environment. Our world is constantly evolving, and we are continually adapting to the ever-changing needs of patients, physicians, pharmacists, and healthcare organizations. Where there is a need, we will work to deliver solutions that simplify access to treatment, deliver better health outcomes, and enhance life. Upsher-Smith has a particular focus on developing therapies for people living with central nervous system (CNS) conditions, such as seizure disorders. For more information, visit www.upsher-smith.com.
About the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
The National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (NASPA), founded in 1927 as the National Council of State Pharmacy Association Executives, is dedicated to enhancing the success of state pharmacy associations in their efforts to advance the profession of pharmacy. NASPA's membership is comprised of state pharmacy associations and over 70 other stakeholder organizations. NASPA promotes leadership, sharing, learning, and policy exchange among its members and pharmacy leaders nationwide. For more information, please visit the NASPA Web site www.naspa.us.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/upsher-smith-partners-with-the-national-alliance-of-state-pharmacy-associations-naspa-to-honor-43-us-pharmacists-300407850.html
SOURCE Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.