LONDON, Jan. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This research service focuses on the US Department of Defense (DoD) command and control, communications, computers, intelligence, and surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) budget spending. Included in this study is an analysis of research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E); procurement; operations and maintenance (O&M); and a variety of services. Contract activity for the DoD C4ISR for 2014 is also included. The DoD C4ISR 2016 budget comprises of Army, Navy/Marine Corps, Air Force, and Joint Service spending plans, all of which are included. The base year for financial spending is 2014, and the market forecast is from 2014 to 2020.
- The 2016 Department of Defense (DoD) programs for command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR); electronic warfare/information operations (EW/IO); and multipurpose technologies total $ billion.
- This is an increase of $ billion, or %, from 2015 levels.
- Sharp procurement increases without significant corresponding research reductions for Ballistic Missile Defense, Unmanned Vehicles, and Satellites resulted in this significant 2016 uptick in requested C4ISR spending.
- C4ISR funding through 2020 is expected to grow at a % compound annual growth rate (CAGR). Mature technologies and proven services are the focus of future spending.
- Procurement is the largest spending category, with $ billion requested for 2016.
- The Air Force has the largest share of funding, at $ billion, while the Army has the most programs of record identified, at . Surveillance and reconnaissance (S&R) is the largest technology segment, at $ billion in 2016, with programs of record.
- In 2014, the DoD awarded $ billion through prime contracts to companies. Lockheed Martin continued as the top C4ISR firm with $ billion in new prime contracts.
- The top firms held % of the contract value in 2014. Networks, a multipurpose category, is the largest technology area, with $ billion, and the most contracts, at .
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3290920/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48