LONDON, Jan. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Methodology
• The objective of the research service is to present a comprehensive analysis of the US Hospital Information Systems (HIS) market with respect to market potential and key market dynamics at play over the next 5 to 7 years.
• The regional scope of the analysis is focused on the United States.
• The study also covers factors driving overall market growth, challenges impacting the hospital industry, and opportunities within the total market and key market segments as estimated for the forecast period.
• The study period covered by this service for the HIS market is from 2013 to 2020, with the base year as 2013 and forecast period from 2014 to 2020.
Data presented in this research was gathered through the following processes:
• In-depth interviews conducted with healthcare information technology (IT) vendors; hospital IT management and staff, and key opinion leaders (KOLs)
• Secondary research conducted using Frost & Sullivan proprietary content as well as publicly available sources of information such as government websites, academic and trade journals, and online media.
• Market size and forecasts were developed using Frost & Sullivan proprietary forecasting tools. A discussion of forecast assumptions is provided.
• Hospital Information System (HIS) are computer systems designed to improve the management of all of a hospital's medical (e.g., clinical), financial, and administrative tasks with the core goals of improving the quality of healthcare services while delivering maximum operational and financial efficiencies.
• The US HIS market is fairly mature, with penetration rates as high as % in administrative and financial systems and around % for clinical systems. However, there are many opportunities for new growth as hospitals increasingly turn to IT solutions to navigate a plethora of challenges arising from healthcare reform, the growing adoption of IT throughout society, and changing cultural norms.
• The US Hospital Information Systems market was valued at $ billion in 2013. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of % between 2014 and 2020 to reach an estimated market value of $ billion by 2020, representing a % increase in revenue.
• Administrative information systems will be the fastest growing market segment with a CAGR of % over the forecast period.
• Financial information systems will be the second fastest growing market segment with a CAGR of % over the forecast period.
• Clinical information systems will grow by slowly than the other segments with a CAGR of % over the period.
Scope and Segmentation
• The Hospital Information Systems (HIS) market covers a very wide variety of systems and solutions that pertain to the management of a hospital's clinical, financial, and administrative information-related tasks. For the purpose of this report, the HIS market consists of software applications and related maintenance and implementation services sold in conjunction with such applications but does not include information technology (IT) hardware (computers, mobile devices, medical devices, etc.) or telecommunications infrastructure solutions.
• Examples of typical hospital information systems include clinical solutions like electronic health records (EHRs), computerized physician order entry (CPOE), clinical decision support (CDS), nursing systems, and more; financial solutions like revenue cycle management (RCM), contract management, business intelligence, and more; and administrative systems like asset tracking, customer relationship management (CRM), single sign on, human resources, payroll, and more.
• This report only pertains to information systems used by non-federal US community hospitals for inpatient care settings (acute care). The scope of this study does not include information systems used by ambulatory providers (outpatient care) such as physician offices; post-acute care settings; long term care settings; nursing homes; and other care settings.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
What type of information systems are used by hospitals in the provision of patient care, the oversight of core financial processes including patient billing, and daily operations management of personnel, supplies, and facilities?
What are the market-shifting macro trends impacting healthcare in the US, particularly in the provision of hospital care, and how are these trends shaping the demand for information technology?
What are the specific drivers and restraints impacting the Hospital Information Systems market over the next 7 years?
What are the competitive characteristics of the US Hospital Information Systems market and who are some of the key IT vendors serving the market?
What is the 7-year outlook for the key IT applications that comprise the US Hospital Information Systems (HIS) market across the clinical and non-clinical market segments?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2604037/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48