NEW YORK, Dec. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Is it Finally Ready to Make a Difference?
This study covers clinical-grade remote patient monitoring as it is evolving within the US through 2020. The market is assessed from the perspective of two segments: 1) home healthcare and post-acute care and 2) Chronic Condition Management and Disease Management. The total market growth is forecasted based on a view of the most likely scenario driven by regulatory and technology-based market opportunities and barriers. The report summarizes recent market activities, such as M&A, divestments and exits that have resulted in a revised view of the market share among the leaders when compared with previous configurations. The analysis includes a view of the competitive landscape that features a mix of medical device OEMs, new analytic-centric startups and other niche players that will be both competitive and interdependent over time. The coverage provides snapshot views of the leading participants. There is also a summary of notable studies aimed at quantifying the benefits that RPM can deliver. The increasing benefits of Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) coupled with the rising comfort utilizing smartphones and tablets among the elderly patients are well suited to the evolving foundation of a user-friendly technical solution that should help to address the core challenges to the US Healthcare system that require solutions that will reduce the cost of healthcare without sacrificing quality.
- The objective of the research service is to present a comprehensive analysis of the US Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) market with respect to market potential and key market dynamics at play over the next 6 years.
- The regional scope of the analysis is focused on the United States.
- The study also covers factors driving overall market growth, challenges impacting the OEM suppliers, providers and care givers, and opportunities for value-added analytics within the total market and key market segments as estimated for the forecast period.
- The study period covered by this service for the RPM market is from 2014 to 2020, with the base year as 2014 and forecast period from 2015 to 2020.
Data presented in this research was gathered through the following processes:
- In-depth interviews conducted with remote patient monitoring (RPM) vendors; hospital management, and key opinion leaders (KOLs).
- Secondary research was conducted using Frost & Sullivan proprietary content as well as publicly available sources of information such as government websites, academic and trade journals, and online media.
- Market size and forecasts were developed using Frost & Sullivan proprietary forecasting tools. A discussion of forecast assumptions is provided.
- The benefits of clinical-grade Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) are well-suited to offering the foundation of a technical solution that should help to address the core challenges to the US Healthcare system to reduce the cost of healthcare without sacrificing quality.
- However, RPM is not a new market. The capability to extend patient monitoring to the home has been available for at least years, and to date, it is far from fully utilized.
- In the US, there is no consistent, across-the-board reimbursement model for RPM.
- First-generation systems were somewhat cumbersome and not well-suited for patients able to be mobile. In some cases, patients or their personal care giver were responsible to take readings and manually enter data, a function that was not always well received by older individuals who were not computer savvy. Current systems are much more user friendly.
- The actual monitors are now part of an overall solution that includes software and peripheral devices connected through wireless technology in an SaaS model. The true gold in this market is the combination of ease of use and the quality of data and ability to develop actionable reports and analytics. Monitors themselves are commodities. Most systems are "device agnostic." BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is a popular concept in
this developing market.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03448996-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001