PHILADELPHIA, March 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- USI Affinity announced today that it will be expanding its Lawyers' Professional Liability Program into Tennessee to serve attorneys and law firms in that state. This program provides comprehensive and innovative insurance and benefits packages for law firms, with unique advantages in coverage, price and service. Additionally, it covers all sizes of law practice, from solo practitioners to large law firms.
As a national leader in protecting the legal profession for more than 75 years, USI Affinity is one of the largest writers of Lawyers' Professional Liability in the United States with more than 40,000 attorneys insured. USI Affinity's experience and dedication provides its legal clients with the expertise and market clout to navigate the marketplace, delivering high-value, multi-faceted insurance packages.
"We are extremely excited to be expanding our Lawyers' Professional Liability Program into Tennessee. Based on the tremendous response to our current offering, the decision to expand our geographic footprint into Tennessee is the ideal next step," said Mike Mooney, USI Affinity Senior Vice President of Sales and Client Management. "We have a long and successful history of serving the distinct needs of law firms and their attorneys. USI Affinity is the endorsed broker for more than a dozen state and local bar associations, with some of those relationships going back more than five decades. We now look forward to bringing that depth of experience and breadth of services to attorneys in Tennessee."
Key features of USI Affinity Lawyers' Professional Liability Program include:
- Limits of liability up to $10,000,000 available for qualified firms
- Underwritten by an insurance carrier rated "A" (Excellent) FSC "X" by A.M. Best
- Broad coverage and policy features designed to cover a variety of firm sizes
- Exclusive risk management and loss prevention services for insureds, including a website of information and guidance and a consultation hotline staffed by loss control experts.
- Free extended reporting period (ERP) (also known as Tail coverage) for retired attorneys in good standing who have been insured with the company for at least three years
- Choice of defense costs inside or outside the limit of liability available for qualified firms
- Court attendance expense reimbursement $500/day to a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 in the aggregate, no deductible applies
- Disciplinary Proceedings: company will provide reimbursement of up to $25,000 per complaint and $50,000 policy aggregate for the defense of a disciplinary proceeding; no deductible applies and any payment is in addition to the limit of liability
- Liberalization clause: if the company adopts any revision that broadens coverage under the policy, it will apply immediately at no additional premium at any time during the policy period
- Pro bono work is definitively covered
For information on the Lawyers' Professional Liability Program in Tennessee, call USI Affinity at 1.800.265.2876, extension 11441, visit us online at http://www.mybarinsurance.com/tn/ or email Mike Mooney at email@example.com.
About USI Affinity
For more than 75 years, USI Affinity has developed and administered insurance and financial programs that offer law firms unique advantages in coverage, price and service. As a national leader in protecting the legal profession with more than 40,000 attorneys insured, USI Affinity has the experience and know-how to navigate the marketplace and design the most comprehensive and innovative insurance and benefits packages to fit a firm's individual needs. Visit www.usiaffinity.com.
Company Contact: Mike Murphy, Chief Marketing Officer, 610.537.1323, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE USI Holdings Inc.