NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- % Penetration & Numbers of Households
A Large Opportunity for Energy and Environmental Services - Historical 1900 to 2015, Forecast 2016 to 2050. In 2016 electricity access is widespread, 84% of households having a connection to a grid. With 70% having piped access water is less widely available, but not all of these are direct into homes, some are connections to an outside tap, but still count as household connections. Gas is very widely distributed in cylinders, but piped gas is only available in around 90 countries and 25% of households are connected.
Over the next 35 years the market opportunity presented by the increased numbers of households consuming electricity and gas will be enormous. Today's 1.6 billion electrified households will double with an additional 800 million by 2050; the 1.4 billion with piped water will expand by approximately 400 million with more advanced piping will be installed in many, and the ½ billion households with a piped gas connection will expand by 365 million.
Some trends are hidden. Many population will grow, others have already stated a decline. In the 10 countries with the highest declines in population threatening their economic future the combined loss will be 50 million people. But because households are becoming smaller they will gain 25 million electrical connections and with increased gasification and 175 million gas consumers.
Asia is the leader today, with 48.2% of new electricity connections, but this will drop to 35.7% by 2035, while Sub-Saharan Africa will double in share from 13.1% to 27.7%.
All this is mapped out in these databases, the past, present and future. These databases quantify the current market and where it is, how large it will be in the future and where it will be. The database contains 14 spreadsheets with data and charts.
Demographic data from 1900 to 2015, and forecast to 2050, for 214 countries, with regional sub-totals.
2. Household size
3. Number of households
4. Electrification from 1900 to 2015, and forecast to 2050, for 214 countries, with regional sub-totals. - % of households with an electricity connection
5. Numbers of households with an electricity connection
6. The Electrification Wheel; a schematic of the levels at which consumers enter the electricity market
7. Gas from 1900 to 2015, and forecast to 2050, for 214 countries, with regional sub-totals. % of households with a piped gas supply
9. Numbers of households with a piped gas supply
10. Development of household usage of city (manufactured) piped gas, natural piped gas and LPG cylinder from 1900 to 2015.
11. Gas type by year of launch for every gas consuming country.
12. Piped water from 1990 to 2016 for 214 countries, with regional sub-totals. % of households with a piped water supply
13. Numbers of households with a piped water supply
14. Comparison of the historical global development of the three utility services; electricity, piped gas and piped water supply
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04331024-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001