MIAMI, Jan. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- U.S. Antique Shows, a major producer of antique shows in North America, announced today it will host its 52nd Annual Original Miami Beach Antique Show at the Miami Beach Convention Center, Jan. 31 – Feb. 4, 2013. Best known as the world's largest indoor antique show, the event features nearly 900 established dealers from 22 counties, including an additional 100 exhibitors in the Jewelry Ballroom, which opened last year.
For the second consecutive year, WorthPoint®, the leading online resource for item valuation and reference, will be sponsoring two Appraisal Days, which will be held Feb. 2–3 from noon to 5 p.m. Each show attendee, with a valid ticket to the show, will have the opportunity to bring one item for valuation by a Worthologist – a WorthPoint subject-matter expert. Worthologists will give verbal appraisals of each item's fair market value.
"We are very excited to be partnering with The Original Miami Beach Antique Show for a second year," says Will Seippel, founder and CEO of WorthPoint Corporation. "To be able to offer free appraisal services during the show is a great honor for us as educating antique enthusiasts, and the general public, on how to be even savvier when buying or selling antiques is one of our company's main goals."
"In its 52nd year, The Original Miami Beach Antique Show continues to provide attendees with a unique shopping experience and highlights a vast variety of categories found in the antique industry," said Dan Darby, group fair director. "With continued support from WorthPoint, we are able to offer our attendees access to Worthpoint's online technology, and further educate them on antique valuation."
This show is must-attend for serious collectors, museum curators, gallery owners and anyone with an interest in antiques and history. Items range from 17th – 19th Century furniture, American and European Silver to Antique Jewelry and Watches from the Renaissance to Art Deco eras.
In order to educate the antique collecting community, The Original Miami Beach Antique Show also will host several special sessions throughout the duration of the show including:
- Luxe Interiors + Design will host a panel discussion with the Editors of Luxe Interiors + Design on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 2 p.m. in Room C222.
- The Association for the Study of Jewelry & Related Arts will host a session led by Co-Director Elyse Zorn Karlin titled, "Jewelry of the American First Ladies," on Friday, Feb. 1 at 2 p.m. in Room C222.
- Leading antique clock expert Joseph "JC" Cohen will host a session titled, "Taking the Mystery Out of Antique Clocks," on Friday, Feb. 1 at 4 p.m. in Room C222.
- WorthPoint Corporation will host an informative session led by Will Seippel, CEO and founder of WorthPoint®, "Demystifying Antiques: The Basics of Antique Collecting," on Saturday, Feb. 2at 2 p.m.
- The Fine Arts Conservatory will host an in-depth discussion titled "War Stories from the Back Vaults of the Antique World" led by Gordon Lewis on Saturday, Feb. 2 and Sunday, Feb. 3 at 4 p.m. in Room C222.
- Leading antique clock expert Joseph "JC" Cohen will host a session titled, "Understanding Watches, Good, Better, Best and Superior," on Sunday, Feb. 3 at 4 p.m. in Room C222.
In order to continue with the show's philanthropic community efforts, this year's charity raffle will benefit Paws 4 You Rescue, Inc. This Miami-based non-profit, volunteer, donor-subsidized animal rescue organization's top priority is to save animals from euthanasia at Miami-Dade Animal Services. Raffle tickets will be available to win prizes including special antiques. Tickets can be purchased during the show at $25 each, five tickets for $100. Raffle tickets and possible prizes will be available for view on the show website when available.
Show times are noon to 8 p.m. on Jan. 31 – Feb. 3 and noon to 6 p.m. on Feb. 4. Admission is $20 to attend all four days. For more information about the show or to purchase tickets, please call (239) 732-6642 or visit www.MiamiBeachAntiqueShows.com. Connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OMBAS, follow us on Twitter at @MiamiAntiquShow and follow our Pinterest boards at www.pinterest.com/usantiqueshows.
About The Original Miami Beach Antique Show
The Original Miami Beach Antique Show is produced by GLM®. GLM is a leading producer and marketer of consumer product tradeshows in North America, serving industries as diverse as giftware, home furnishings, social stationery, home textiles, tabletop, gourmet housewares, contemporary furniture, personal care, antiques, jewelry, art, surf, skate, water sports, swim and resorts. GLM also manages business expositions and conferences on behalf of others, within the hospitality industry. Additional information about GLM is available online at www.glmshows.com. Follow us on Twitter @MiamiAntiquShow or Facebook at www.facebook.com/OMBAS. For additional information, visit www.USAntiqueShows.com.
SOURCE The Original Miami Beach Antique Show