Jul 12, 2017, 07:00 ET
MIAMI, July 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, VaporFi released "Mapping the Rise of Vaping," a proprietary study that tracks and reveals the story behind the rise of vaping by analyzing one of the world's biggest and most democratic platforms: Twitter. In the past, industry reports have shown the increase in vaping in terms of store openings, from just 3,500 in 2014 to 10,591 in 2016 according to Yelp, and sales figures, starting from $1.7 billion in 2014 and reaching $4.1 billion in 2016 according to Wells Fargo.
"Continuously knowing more about our industry, consumers and markets is what has VaporFi positioned for unprecedented ecommerce and retail store growth," said CEO Nick Molina, whom commissioned the robust Twitter analysis from the group's Miami headquarters.
After sifting through millions of Tweets over nearly two and a half years, researchers uncovered the following:
- Vaping generally became popular on the West Coast first, then the South, then the Northeast.
- Nevada posts the most vape-related tweets per capita. Mississippi posts the fewest.
- When cities were ranked based on their enthusiasm for vaping, California had 12 cities in the top 25 spots. Nevada and Florida each had 3.
- Winchester, NV, a suburb of Las Vegas, was revealed to be the city most enthusiastic about vaping, followed by Miami Beach, FL and West Hollywood, CA.
- There appears to be very little correlation between level of regulation and public feelings about vaping. Nevada, which has very few regulations, topped the rankings, but it was followed closely by the District of Columbia and California, both of which are highly regulated.
- While women accounted for only 24.8% of vape-related tweets in 2014, by 2016 they increased to 34.2% -- with no signs of slowing down.
"The vape community is a connected group of consumers and innovators who celebrate vaping and share experiences via social media on a regular basis," said Molina. "VaporFi's connectedness with consumers in this light is something Big Tobacco brands cannot compete with."
"I'm not surprised that women are one of the fastest-growing consumer segments," said Molina. "At VaporFi, we've always worked to appeal to all demographics -- like Starbucks or Apple. Our products are discreet, powerful, tasteful, and perfect for soccer moms and bikers alike."
VaporFi is an electronic cigarette/vapor products manufacturer that has coupled the online e-commerce vapor market, with signature retail locations, located throughout the USA and internationally. Having launched to immediate success, and rapid expansion of their locations through franchising, VaporFi remains the most exciting brand of electronic cigarette, e-liquid, and vapor products around. For more information on the brand, their products, and locations, visit www.VaporFi.com.
Media Contact for VaporFi:
Share this article