COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., July 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Multiple sites operated by Vectrus within the Department of Defense Information Network, were selected as Facility of the Year by the Defense Information Systems Agency-Europe (DISA-E).
The Facility of the Year award recognizes facilities that demonstrate outstanding performance in all areas of the program. Competing in six categories, five Vectrus locations on the Operations, Maintenance and Supply-Europe (OPMAS-E) program, and one on the Enterprise Legacy Voice and Information System (ELVIS) program were chosen as winners.
"We are honored that Vectrus locations won in each category and look forward to continuing to support DISA-E as a trusted partner," said Chuck Prow, president and chief executive officer of Vectrus. "OPMAS-E and ELVIS are important components of the DISA-E mission and we are extremely proud of their continuous commitment to driving high levels of service and client success."
The Facility of the Year winners were:
- Small Defense Information System Network (DISN) Transmission Facility: OPMAS-E Katterbach Tech Control Facility in Germany.
- Medium DISN Transmission Facility: OPMAS-E Vincenza Tech Control Facility in Italy, while the OPMAS-E Grafenwöhr Tech Control Facility received the runner-up.
- Large DISN Transmission Facility: OPMAS-E Wiesbaden Tech Control Facility in Germany.
- Defense Red Switch Network Facility: OPMAS-E Vaihingen located in Germany, while the ELVIS Ramstein Air Base received the runner-up.
- Defense Switched Network End Office: ELVIS Royal Air Force Lakenheath Dial Central Office located in the United Kingdom.
- Facility Control Office: OPMAS-E U.S. Army Europe Facility Control Center located in Wiesbaden; an eight time winner since 2007.
DISA-E manages the European portion of the Department of Defense Information Network. It provides information systems and services to operational components throughout NATO, and supports U.S. interests in more than 100 countries in Europe, Africa, the former Soviet Union, and the Middle East. As a forward deployed element of the DISA in Washington, D.C., DISA-E is a vital combat support element to the forward deployed commander of the United States European Command.
Mike Smith, CFA
Vectrus is a leading, global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and logistics services, and information technology and network communication services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships, and a strong commitment to their mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo., and includes about 5,600 employees spanning 143 locations in 18 countries. In 2016, Vectrus generated sales of $1.2 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.vectrus.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.