ST. JOSEPH, Mich., May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Attorney Ven Johnson of Johnson Law, PLC announced that his firm has filed a lawsuit on behalf of six individuals who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning at the Quality Inn Hotel in Niles, Michigan on April 1, 2017. The lawsuit includes 13-year-old Bryan Douglas-Watts who died from his injuries. The victims were swimming in the hotel pool at the time of the incident.
The lawsuit was filed against the Quality Inn & Suites as well as its franchise owner, Jayesh Patel, and Choice Hotels International, Inc., who are responsible for the design of the pool heater system including the lack of carbon monoxide detector/alarm. The lawsuit was filed in St. Joseph, Berrien County, Michigan.
Johnson stated, "We have filed this lawsuit on behalf of Bryan's family as well as three other children and two adults, all of whom suffered injuries from carbon monoxide poisoning. We hope this lawsuit not only compensates our clients for all they have endured in this tragedy, but helps initiate legislation requiring carbon monoxide detectors and alarms in all commercial buildings, especially indoor pool facilities where this is a common accident scenario. This senseless tragedy could have easily been prevented."
Johnson Law, PLC is a personal injury law firm specializing in vehicle negligence, product liability, medical malpractice, police misconduct and more. Visit http://venjohnsonlaw.com/ for more information.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ven-johnson-of-johnson-law-plc-files-lawsuit-in-niles-michigan-carbon-monoxide-case-300457672.html
SOURCE Johnson Law, PLC